Spencer Reid x Nonverbal Autistic Daughter

Another Spencer Reid oneshot!

Summary: Reader has a meltdown at her Dads work place, Reid helps her through it.

I'm finally writing this so sorry for thr wait!

reader is 10

mentions of a meltdown

Third person pov...

Spencer awoke to his alarm clock, groaning he slammed his hand down on the offending object and sat up, he needed his morning coffee. The Man stretches and gets out of bed, he then makes his way to the kitchen.

As he did he walked past his daughter bedroom, he pocked his head in and saw his 10 year old sleeping soundly with her earplugs in and wrapped in her weighted blanket.

Y/N is Autistic and Non verbal she also has Sensory issues and uses headphones or earplugs when she's sleeping. Spencer smiles softly before closing the door and making his way to make coffee.

Soon he was happily drinking his coffee and and sitting on the sofa reading one of his many books, as he was doing this he didn't hear his daughter coming out from her room.

The 10 year old was still in her pyjamas as it wasn't time for her to get dressed yet, the girl had her tablet with her and her headphones already on.

She sat next to her Dad, who was still reading his book. "Morning Dad" came the computerised voice of her tablet.
Y/N uses many different ways to communicate this is one of them.

She also uses sign language, writing down words, communication cards also sounds. Even if she can't speak she can still communicate most people don't understand but her Dad does since she was a baby he has worked hard for his daughter to have all the support and accommodations she needs.

Spencer doesn't even flinch at the voice a she's familiar to it. The genius looks up from his book. "Morning Y/N, sleep well?" He asks her, the 10 year old nods her head smiling. "I did Dad" came her tablet.

Spencer then put his book down and finished his coffee he looked at the the time and saw it was 7.20 he had 40 minutes till he has to go to work.

"Time to get dressed N/N" he said to his daughter, Y/N nods and stands up the Father and Daughter then walk to their bedrooms to get dressed.

It's part of their routine to get dressed at 7.20 ever Morning. Once Spencer was dressed in his normal clothes he grabs his bag and walks to his daughters room, he knocks of the door.

"You dressed yet N/N?" He asked, he waited for an answer but didn't get one.

So he knocked again, still no answer so he opens the door. "Y/N arw you okay?" He questions as he walks in, when he does he see shis daughter curled up in a ball.

The 10 year old rocks back and forth holding her hands to her head. She was still dressed in pyjamas.

Spencer acts quickly and sits infront of his daughter and holds out his hands. "Hey hey N/N, your okay it's okay, can you hear me?" He asks and Y/N touches his left hand for yes.

Spencer nods "Okay, did something happen?" He asks her Y/N touches his left hand again. "Was it sensory issues?" He asks once again she touches his left hand.