Chapter 4 - Exposure

Y/N p.o.v

After murdering countless shadows, I walk out of mementos exhausted. I put on some music from a band called Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box.

"Ugh...stupid shadows..." I weakly say as I walk to my apartment.

I accidentally walk into someone as I fall.

"Ow..." I said as I looked up to see a red-hair girl help me up.

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you there!" She said as I got the dust off my outfit.

"It's fine, if anything it's my fault, I wasn't looking." I said with a fake smile.

"Oh, wait are you (Y/N) (L/N)?" She said as I mentally sighed.

"Yes, that's me."

"Well...A lot of people are starting to hate you, but I don't." She said as I was confused.

"Huh? I'm sorry I haven't been looking at the news lately."

"Well, uhm...some people said that you are a fraud, and your reputation is dying." She said with a gloomy face.

"...Oh." My detective prince facade failed me as my gloomy face appeared.

"Curse that Shido, he will pay for this!" I yell in my thoughts as I snap back to reality.

"Now that I think about it, you're Yoshiszawa-san, correct?" I say to her.

She nods her head. "I remember you on my dad's talk show a couple of months ago."

"Ah, I remember that as well. Well if you excuse me, I must be going." I said as I walked into my apartment complex.

As I enter my room, that anger enters my feelings again. I start punching and throwing stuff around the apartment.

Hey! Wait!

I've got a new complaint

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

I throw my phone across the room as a message from Shido appeared on it, saying "You're a disgrace." I rip the phone in half as my music app was still playing.

Hey! Wait!

I've got a new complaint

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

Your advice...

The music dies out, as I curl into a ball and cry my feelings out.

Too bad no one's there for me.

Your advice...

Y-our -advice....

The phone gave out as it flickers and died.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a couple of days later)

Joker P.O.V

"We've secured an infiltration route! Now, all we have to do is send a calling card!" Mona said as we all were ready to leave.

"Time to get out of here, it's wayyy too hot.." Skull annoyed us while I see a shadow hiding behind a destroyed sand sculpture.

"Who's there!?" I yell, as the shadow gets up from hiding and walks to us.

"N-no way!"

"It can't be!"

"But it is." The shadow..or wait (Y/N) says as he says. He looks like robin hood surprisingly.

"(L/N)!? What are you doing here!?" I said as he looked a bit confused.

"Well...to be frank, I followed you guys into here. And as you see, I already had a persona."

"How did you get a persona?" Makoto said as she was suspicious of (Y/N).

"Well...I was dragged into the metaverse one time, by someone who had a black mask. He said 'You're next, (y/n).' as he tried to kill me. That persona thing had summoned and almost sliced my arm off. I started to think about not dying and then a voice told me to summon its name."

"Wait you fought the guy in the black mask alone!?" Skull yelled as (y/n) resumed.

"Yes, I did. I summoned my persona and landed an attack. He ran off..but I don't know what's gonna happen next." (Y/N) said as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Look, we'll protect you from the black mask." I say as (y/n) pushes my hand away.

"Sorry..I just don't like being touched, that's all. But, I agree with you. I trust you, Akira." (y/n) said.

"Hey, guys! The shadows are getting mad! We gotta get out of here!" Mona said as he turned into a car. (Y/N) looked confused but he still entered as we drove out of Futaba's palace.

(quick note: autocorrect changed Futaba's palace to Futaba's parking lot lol)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) P.O.V

I mentally laugh in my head, as the plan is starting to work. I'll use the phantom thieves to kill Shido, and I'll finally get my revenge!

Akira looks at me with a weird look as I realize my grin is on my face, I quickly change my facade to the 'detective prince' as it's just a normal grin.

"Hey, we need a codename for him. Makoto said as I realize they were using codenames.

"What would be a good name? Bird?" Ryuji said as I mentally face-palmed.

"'Bird'? That's just- wow, I can't believe you have someone this uncreative on the team." I said as Ryuji started at me with harsh eyes.

"Shut up! I can make worse names for you! Like Raven, or Crow, or-"

"..Crow?" I look up at the word Crow.

"I think I like that name, so I take it back Ryuji, your not uncreative after all," I said as Ryuji smiles.

"So about the calling card." Akira says as I focus on him.

"I was thinking about how we're going to get in, and I think we have to tell Futaba to let us in. That door in her palace won't open unless she invites us in, and the only way I think it could work is by forcing her to let us in." Akira said.

"So wait, the place in the metaverse, was that girl's... 'palace?' " I said as everyone nods.

"We're going to get Futaba to open that door." Mona said as everyone agreed.

"Well, I will make the calling card when I get back to the dorm." Yusuke said.

"So you make the cards? They're...pretty cool." I said.

"Thank you."

"We should disband for today and meet at Boss's house tomorrow, oh (y/n), his house is behind the apartments and the cafe." Akira told me. I nodded as everyone left and went their separate ways.

Everything is going to plan...

End of Chapter 4