Chapter 17 - Fight For the Future

Akira's P.O.V

(I'm too lazy to write this, but Sumire is back with the rest of the group)

-Maruki's Palace- 2/3

"Now!" I yell as I use a move to make Y/N move faster.

"Take this!" Y/N yelled as he rushed at the enemy and slashed the shadow into nothing.

"Alright! That was the last guard of Maruki's defense! Now onward, to the treasure!" Futaba said as we rushed forward and answered the last question gate, letting us into the main palace room.

"What the..." The room was...questionable at best. It was a room with a bunch of stairs that lead up to the top, Mona said he can feel the treasure up there.

"Now we have to send the calling card, correct?" Y/N asked me as I nodded.

"And then we'll fix reality once again!" I said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V

I was called over to leblanc, I wonder why?

I walk in the door...and I see Dr. Maruki.

WHY IS HE HERE!?

"Oh."

"Hello there, Y/N. I'm sure you're looking for Akira, he's upstairs."

"..." I don't say anything as I walk upstairs, and I see Akira stressing out.

"Akira."

He jumped like a cat, before he saw it was me.

"Jeez, you scared me for a second."

"For better or worse, I'm guessing you need help with Dr. Maruki?"

"...No not killing him Y/N."

"Fine...wait, is this about the decision?"

"..Yes..but I need to tell you something."

I look at him with a confused look.

"What could be so important more than Maruki being downstairs and could change reality at this mom-"

"Because you're not real!"

...What.

"What."

"....You know how everyone's number one thing they desired came back to life...well the one desire I wanted...was you." He said as tears were falling down his face.

I smacked him, right in the face.

"What I need for you to do, is to let me go! Sure I may be here right now, but after the metaverse is gone, I won't come back. You just need to move on!" I say.

"...Y-your right.."

"So get your head in the game Akira!" I said.

"...Yea."

After all of that, we both head back downstairs as I see Maruki drinking coffee.

"Ah, it seems you helped him get over his fear. Thanks for that, Y/N." I swear, I want to punch Maruki into the afterlife but I'm already there.

"Tch, if anything I gave him a reason. Now, what is the discussion about now?"

"Well, this is my last offer before we fight."

"...What's the offer?" Akira said.

"It's simple really, if you stop now...I'll change reality for the better. If you don't want to, then we'll fight on 2/4, tomorrow."