Chapter 018

Gerald driving further away from Zomaftec, now the situation around their car is much more quiet, and no one is in sight. Because Gerald takes an unusual road, he knows the road that is quiet, and not many people use it.

When Gerald feels the condition is already more conducive, he takes his phone and starts to call someone. The sound of 'waiting to be answered' is ringing... But no need for long, it is answered and...

"Gerald??" - a deep voice that was easily recognizable as the sound of a military man, heard.

"Yes, Hank... It is me."

"Holy-G Gerald?! What is going on? A few days ago I saw you on TV in that Zomaftec building, now I saw in that Zomaftec the catastrophe is happening... Are you OK? What is happening exactly?!"

"Well, it is quite a long story, Hank... Now, are you at the HUB?" (HUB is the secret name of the place that they are going to now).

"Of course... I and my crews are all in here now. Well, some are still outside buying something, etc."

"Very good, now listen to me Hank, you and all your crews, now better you all take you family gather in the HUB. Bring the important things only, because I suggest you all evacuate to the island."

"Ow, it is that serious hah?"

"Yes, it is, and after all your families gather in the HUB, just lock every fence, and set up a guard. Well, I'm not suggesting you make a confrontation with the infected, better you all hide your existence. And now, I need shelter Hank, I'm going that way, there are four of us, including me."

"Ow, so there are four of you... Hem, none of you are bitten, right? Well, don't take me wrong, because I saw on the TV, the bitten one turned into one of them."

"Nope, we're all safe Hank..."

"Alright... just come on then, I'll wait for you at the HUB."

That is the conversation between Gerald and Hank, everyone in the car can hear it.

"So where are we going now?" Ros asked.

"We are going to the HUB, in the east shore there is an unused ex-barrack plus a small harbor. Because it is unused anymore we take it and turn it into our hangout headquarters... We camouflage it as an unused harbor and private property. There is also a dirt airplane runway there. I guess we will need it later." Gerald explained.

"What happening is now actually?" Ros asked again.

To answer that question, Gerald and Qunn take their turn explaining everything. They try their best to explain everything as accurately as possible.

After they were both done explaining everything.

"Well, I can understand what Prof. Bill try to tell us. I also can feel that he is actually also deeply inside his heart, he felt scared, nervous, sad, etc. Because he is going to turn and he will don't know how his future going to be." Qunn said.