5.

Edited : 01/06/24
The day of Lucy's arrival

Third person

It has been roughly 3 months since Erin "joined" Lockwood and co. And every day without fail, she would be the first one to be awake.

Maybe she was up so early because she like to see the sunrise, maybe it was because she had trouble sleeping well, who knows.

Each morning, Erin would follow her usual routine. She woke up when it was still dark and watched the sunrise while listening to her cassettes, once the sun was up, she left her room, and tiptoed down the stairs making sure not wake anyone. Her room being at the top of a house with creaky stairs wasn't helping her.

Once down, she made herself breakfast, which consisted of porridge with fruit on the side and a cup of tea.

After breakfast, Erin would just sit patiently, waiting for someone else to the up and about. To occupy herself, she would either, stare into the emptiness while her cassettes played. But that could lead to some awkward moment where George or Lockwood came in and just saw her stare intensely at the wall. She would also tinker around with one of her makeshift projects, or she would try gardening. When she first explored the house, she notice the large absence of plants, so she made it her personal mission to turn this place into a greenhouse.

Most of her plants were in her room though, whenever George came in he would call it an "untamed jungle"

And like every other morning, she was sitting at the kitchen table, the only unusual part of this morning was the fact that Erin was reading the application to join Lockwood and co. On the table sat a bunch of CVs of people she didn't know, she mainly looked at the pictures the application had, she would over analyse every detail of the person's face and do small background reacher on them.

Her actions were interrupted by rushed, rapid footsteps, ones she recognised to be George.

"Morning" he mumbled, making his way to the fridge.

"Morning" Erin replied not really paying attention to him.

Soon after the footsteps of the one and only Anthony Lockwood could be heard. He entered the kitchen while readjusting his tie.

"Why do you look like that?" He asked George not even greeting him.

"Like what?"

"Like you just got out of bed?" Erin snickered at their bickering.

"Because I did?"

"We don't have time for this, you should get ready, we're meeting the candidates" Lockwood rolled his eyes.

"Why am I the only one getting told off?" George scoffed slightly pointing towards Erin's direction.

Lockwood finally looked towards Erin as if he didn't notice her before, even though she was sitting in the middle of the room.

"Right. Erin, you should also get dressed" Erin let out an exasperated sigh at the thought of meeting loads of people she probably didn't want to talk to.

"Actually I'm going out today," she hesitated for a moment "...shopping"

"Fine, I'm not going to force you to stay, but at least be nice to them, if we end up hiring someone, we all know how you can be around new people..." he huffed slightly out of his nose, still mucking around with his tie.

He turned around to leave the kitchen only to do a double take as he suddenly realised something.

"Is that my T-shirt?" He pointed toward the top Erin was wearing.