7.

Edited: 02/06/24

First-person (Erin)

I blinked my eyes open, the harsh light all around me irritated them.

I sigh, pressing myself deeper into my bed. My eyes were now open wide, looking around my room.

But this wasn't my room... or my bed.

I jolted up at the realisation, causing a sharp pain going through my head. I winced, placing my hand on my forehead.

I looked around to room, wondering where I was. There was a machine beeping next to me, the room smelled of chemicals, and there was barely any decoration just a small chair next to my bed.

I did the very smart conclusion, that I was in a hospital...

I lean back down on my bed, huffing out a breath. I was wondering if I could leave immediately, hopefully, I can.

My thoughts were interrupted, by a nurse coming in.

I sit up once again at her presence, wincing once more.

"Ah, you are awake good." She smiled at me, writing something on her clipboard. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Fine, totally fine." I gave her an awkward tight-lipped smile. "Can I leave..."

"In a moment, someone is here to visit you." She smiled back.

"Oh..." I was confused, who would visit me? Maybe Lockwood?

The nurse opened the door and let someone come in, she then left and closed the door.

When I saw who it was, I bit my lip and exhaled sharply.

"Miss Sallow."

"Inspector Barnes..." I avoided eye contact with him.

"It's good to see you again." He said, I was unsure if he was being sarcastic or not.

"I wish I could say the same." I let out an awkward chuckle.

But he wasn't laughing, instead, he huffed, looking annoyed. He sat down on the sad little chair next to my bed.

"You know I should arrest you right now."

"For what?" I scrunched my nose.

"Stealing sources, escaping a DEPRAC holding cell, twice."

"Would be more useful to arrest my parents." I swallowed my saliva. He huffed, ignoring my statement.

"What were you doing in that house? Are you stealing sources again?"

"No... I joined an agency..." I said quietly, barely a whisper.

He sighed again, he was certainly in a mood.

"You joined Lockwood and co?" His eyebrows scrunched.

"Yeah..."

He shook his head in disappointment and mumbled something, about how I could have joined any other agency.

"I spoke to him this morning, he sure seems like an interesting character. How did you meet him"

"Oh... it's a long story" I really wanted to stop having this conversation.

"What about your parents."

"Haven't seen them in a while. I ran away..."

He sighed again, it was becoming annoying.

"You're not going me back to take to DEPRAC, are you?"

"No, that wasn't why I was here, I wanted to talk to you about Lockwood. But you seem like you don't want to talk to me."