25.

Edited : 25/08/25
Third person.

Erin waited on the sofa in front of the changing rooms. She huffed and shuffled.

"Are you done yet?" she asked.

"Wait!" She heard from the other side of the curtain. Erin huffed and sighed again.

But soon enough the curtains separating her from Lucy opened.

Lucy stepped out in a nice flowy blue dress.

"It looks great. Let's go." She got up and grabbed the shopping bags next to her.

"Hold on!"

Erin groaned and stopped walking.

"We need to find you something." Lucy insisted, and Erin let out an even louder groan.

"This is the fifth shop we've been to, I can't find anything that I like, it's fine. I swear. I'll just wear my usual clothes."

"What you're going to wear your ripped baggy trousers to a ball?" Lucy chuckled.

"I might." Erin crossed her arms.

"No, you're not. Wait for me and we'll get you a real dress." Erin groaned once again while Lucy stepped back into the dressing room.

It only took Lucy a few minutes to get out, pay and leave to find a new shop, dragging Erin along the way.

"I'm sure we'll find something here." Lucy pointed out a nice fancy shop in the street in front.

"Sure." She mumbled.

Once in the shop, Erin grabbed a few dresses, well more like Lucy grabbing them for her.

The girl was practically pushed into the dressing room to try all 8 of the dresses picked up.

And it was now the fifth one she had tried on, Lucy kept on going about finding the perfect one.

Erin stepped out behind the curtain reluctantly.

She showed off the dress to her friend, and Lucy gave her a big smile.

"That's the one," She said while nodding. "Lockwood will love it."

"Lockwood?" Erin asked crossing her arms. "What does this have to do with Lockwood?" She said while stepping back into the changing room.

"Well... you're going to a ball with him."

"It's for the case, Lucy."

"Still, you need to look nice."

Erin sighed in despair.

She changed back to her normal clothes and paid for her dress.

Once out of the shop, the two girls walked the way home.

Erin could feel her feet ache with every step, and Lucy huffed at her complaining.

"Why did you have to buy so much my arms hurt," Erin mumbled.

"Come on we're nearly there."

"I can give you a hand with those." The girls turned at the familiar voice.

"Are you following us?" Lucy asked the blond man.

"No." He said urgently. "No, sorry, I didn't mean to..." he stuttered. "I just saw you from across the street, so I thought I'd..."

"How generous of you Kipps," Erin smirked.

Lucy gave him a weird look and turned around.

But he followed.