6.

Edited : 01/06/24
Third person

"You sure we shouldn't wait for George?" Erin asked while getting out of the cab.

"We'll be fine, you don't have to worry" Lockwood reassured the girl, wiggling his brows.

"I'm not worried" she clarified, the boy simply looked at her up and down and rolled his eyes, with a cheeky smile on his face.

He turned his attention to the second girl with them. She was awkwardly standing on the pavement, waiting to be noticed by the pair.

"Alright Lucy, I'm gonna test you on the plans, I'm random order. Never know which one we'll need and when. And it's vital we can communicate quickly and clearly in as few words as possible" The tone of the boy changed, he sounded much more professional and serious.

Probably the impress Lucy, Erin though.

"Good start. Took you 30 words to explain what you're about to do." Erin snorted loudly at Lucy's comment, but Lucy seemed tense.

"Don't be facetious Lucy. We really don't have the time. Now what's plan C"

Erin decided to drown out their conversation and gave all her attention to the house they were walking towards to.

The group walked all the way to the front door, patiently waiting.

"You sure this is the right address?" Erin asked

"Am I ever wrong?" Lockwood raised his brows at her.

"Yes. Quite a lot actually, you'd be surprised"

He rolled his eyes playfully and rang the doorbell, and then tried knocking.

"Ah, here she comes." The boy said as he saw a shadowy figure on the other side of the door. He readjusted his tie and relaxed his shoulders.

"Are you from the agency?" The group turned around when they heard a frail woman talking to them.

"Mrs Hope?" Lockwood ask her, after she nodded, he approached her carefully.

"I'm Anthony Lockwood, these are my colleagues, Erin Sallow" As he said her name, he placed his hand delicately on her back "and Lucy Carlyle. We've come about your problem. Care to show us inside?"

"Oh no, I won't set foot in there. Not since my husband passed. Not since... how he passed."

Oh? Erin thought she was definitely paying attention to the conversation now.

"The disturbances have been very persistent." Mrs hope continued "I'm going to sell it but it needs fixing first."

"And that's exactly what we do," Lockwood affirmed.

"Locate the visitor, contain the source." Lucy smiles at the lady.

"A safe space means a satisfied customer" Erin continued. They said in continuation like a rehearsed speech.

Mrs Hope looked at the small group and seemed hesitant.

"Uh... shouldn't you have a supervisor? I thought an adult needed to be present during an investigation."

"Strictly speaking, the law states, that an adult's presence is only required if operatives are undergoing training." The boy clarified

"But we don't find it necessary, since we are all fully qualified and trained" Erin pressed her lips together.

"And... to be honest, adults are pretty useless," Lucy said still smiling innocently at the lady.

Both Lockwood and Erin turned slowly and looked at Lucy.