29.

First-person (Erin)

I closed my eyes as he swung down. I opened my eyes when I heard the lock fall on the floor.

We had little time to react and busted straight threw the door.

"I knew it you snake!" We could hear Winkman shout behind us.

"Stay back." The agents said.

"Get him," Winkman ordered.

On the other side of the door was an industrial lift, Lucy rushed towards it and pressed the button repeatedly.

I sudden bang could be heard against the doors. We could see the body of the agent falling to the ground.

"Lockwood, Erin!" I turned to see Lucy grabbing our arms and dragging us the the elevator.

The doors closed and I could finally catch my breath. The scene I just saw brought back unwanted memories.

Lucy kept pressing the buttons over and over again, hoping it would get us there quicker.

I regained my senses and I gripped Lockwood's hand. Becoming suddenly aware that he was panicking.

"Erin, undo his tie," Lucy ordered.

I immediately turned towards the boy and loosened his necktie. he let out a heavy breath. Using his other hand to squeeze my waist as a sign of thanks.

Lucy approached and grabbed the walkie-talkie.

"George? We really need help." She cried over the microphone, only receiving static as a response. "George!"

Lockwood hand was still intertwined with mine, my head resting on his shoulder.

Comfort I suppose.

Lucy continued trying George with no success.

"Shit." She said suddenly. "They've radioed up! They're stopping the lift at four. They know we're coming." She whimpered.

"We need to get out of here now!" I yelped, Lucy pressed the button to open the door. We stopped at the third floor.

I shrugged Lockwood's shoulder over mine and stepped out with a struggle. He was heavier than I thought and him completely panicking didn't help.

"Where are the other sources?" Lucy asked.

"Lockwood's bag," I said, she immediately rummaged in it.

Tossing a spare source in the lift, the metal casing breaking.

"Go, go," Lucy hurried us, tapping our shoulder to hurry.

Walking up the stairs proved to be a much harder process than anticipated.
Lucy struggled to guide us up the stairs while I tried keeping Lockwood upright.

Screaming and yelling could be heard across the halls.

Making my nerves shoot up. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a heart attack.

"I-I" Lockwood stammered. "Can't."

I looked up at him and stopped walking.

"Lockwood, we can't stop. I need you to pull yourself together!"

"They just killed him like that."

"We need to go." I pleaded.

"What did he die for?"

"Because they're bastards!" Lucy yelled. She grabbed both our arms and pulled us up.

"It's because I am." He whimpered.