~Closer~

Suggested songs to listen to while reading this:
°Halo-Beyonce
°Fire meets gasoline-Sia
Enjoy...;⁠)

Veronica's pov...

Wow...this place...though it's too close to the city, I've never been here. Ever again in my life. The view is so....I can't even explain! And it's early spring...The sun will set soon...The colors of the whole scenery are so bright and pastel, it makes it all look like a fairytale... And at the crank of the hill there's a kiosk... We walk to it and I reach there first, sitting down on the wooden bench.. Daniel just stands behind me admiring the view...

-"I've come here again before but I forgot how gorgeous it all is from up here..."

-"I haven't been here again..."

He was in shock...

-"You said you grew up here right?"

-"Yeah..."

-"And you haven't been here ever again? Chk..."

-"I'm here now, however..."

He didn't speak...He walked all the way around and sat right next to me.

-"Right...", He sighed as he sat down.

-"What are you going to do with Garrett?", He asked me.

-"He's out of my life. This time for good. I don't want him. Not again."

-"Well that's good to hear."

-"The problem is he won't let go that easily..."

-"I have told you a thousand times that if he gets close to you again to insult you or even tear a single hair off your head I'm..."

I just cut him off...I knew he meant every word he said but he would put himself in danger.

-"I don't want to put you in any danger.  Even the fact that you stand beside me and listen to my bullshit is so enough I don't know how to pay you back."

-"Don't ever say this again, I just want you to be safe.", He mentioned for the millionth time and placed his hand over mine.

I felt shivers running into my skin, running to every inch of my body, activating every single cell in it. His look was intense and I could break the contact despite of my hopeless attempts.

-"I'm here. And I'll always be here. But now we haven't come here to talk about problems but to get rid of them. Let's change the topic.."

-"You're right. So, what about the motorcycle?"

-"Yeah I know it's quite the surprise but I don't drive myself to school with it . I don't want to pull people's eyes with it."

-"Has it been long you have it?"

-"Eh...almost four years now."

-"Wow! I guess adrenaline is peeking when you ride it..."

-"indeed it is. Hope you enjoyed the ride..."

-"It was amazing thank you!"

-"Anytime!"

He noticed he forgot his hand on top of mine and with a snap move he removed it awkwardly...

But that was cute! He leans his arm over the benche's back, inhaling as much air as he could after making himself comfortable in it.

His head fell loose and I turned to look at him.

-"A-Are you okay?" ,I said with a cracking voice.

-"Yah...", He exhaled, "It's just...I needed this ride here. We both needed it.", Said Daniel and turned to face me as well.

The sun is still up. There wasn't something significant in this moment now, but I saw something unique I think I can never remove from my memory...

The sun rays hit his face so perfectly, showing off the blue of his eyes while he maintains the eye contact with me, leaving me dazzled...His hair become blond and his perfect skin almost reflects the sun... He is so beautiful...I have never noticed he was this beautiful ever before.

He comes closer. His arm wraps around my shoulders and he nods for me to lean over his shoulder.

I lean and his arm tightens it's grip on my body. His huge palm stays firmly on the top part of my arm just ideally to keep me warm dye to it's a little breezy..

-"Oh look over there...", He pointed at a cloud.

-"A cloud...wow...", I told him ironically, giggling.

-"Shut it...", He pinched my arm," Clouds have names..."

-"Oh....Are you for real?"

-"Yup. That one's named cumulus.."

-"Interesting....", I told him truly intrigued in a lower voice.

-"It's the most common cloud to form in the sky..."

-"And does it cause rain?"

-"Partly,.but most oftenly no. It's just water vapor accumulating in the atmosphere."

-"You know more of these?"

-"A lot of them, actually, but there are no other forms of clouds in the sky so I can explain them to you."

-"That's okay. Next time."

-"Oh yeah, next time."

His hand goes up and down my arms leaving me shiver under his touch. To anybody else this could be nothing....Just a normal action. But to me...this touch sends shivers down my spine and let's my mind wander in inappropriate places. And I am certain I can't fight it...

Daniel's POV....

I've got her wrapped around my arm and she just nests there like a little bird.

She doesn't show me any weakness with that. She's not weak. I know this makes her feel safe and protected from every side. And this picture now...I will never forget it.

Her brown blonde hair fall free on her shoulders. They look and feel so silky smooth I can't stop playing with them.

Her brown and green eyes light up in the  glow of the setting sun and she shakes.off her place when she feels ready and safe to trust her whole self , to me. Me, her teacher at first point, now her friend and protector...God knows what comes next.

She raises her glance to look at me. Automatically my fingers traced a path on her shoulder reaching and resting under her chin, forcing her to maintain the eye contact.

She leans in, closer to my face and then I realize there's electricity in the atmosphere. And it feels so good to be with her now , like this...

But.....

-"This is truly, truly wrong...." , I tell her, her moving closer to my face.

-"Is it...?" , She teases coming even closer....

To be continued...