~Air~

*Incoming call: Daniel*

-"Hey...I'm here, come."

-"Give me a moment!", I screamed because I had the phone far away from me while I was trying to straighten my hair..... And I fell...he heard that....

-"What happened? Are you okay?"

-"Yeah I just fell. I'm coming..."

I hung up and heard him saying oh my god. I grabbed my phone, keys and some money and left. I was trembling...I was just seconds away from meeting him again.

-"What do you mean you fell?, He spread open his arms to hug me.

-"I was running, to be ready on time, slipped on the rug and fell...", He laughed. I laughed and lost myself in the hug.

I closed my eyes, his hand rested on the back of my head and his other hand laid still on the top of my back.

-"You're clumsy. But that's okay. Jump on.", he pointed at the motorcycle.

I rode the bike and held him by his shoulders..

.

A while later we arrived at the place we were last week.

-"That's quite an awkward place..", I stated..

-"Well not at all...We have got over this, haven't we?", he asked with his brows raised, almost smirking..

I smirked back...

-"Come over here young lady. What's on your mind?"

-"I sounded that stressed on the phone huh?"

-"Hmm well..quite a bit.."

-"Jerry called me..."

-"Brenda's boyfriend?"

-"Brenda's ex boyfriend..."

-"And what did he want?"

-"Well he told me something I was never waiting to hear...Never..."

-"Sounds serious..."

-"I don't know how serious it is...or better, how much more serious can it get. He told me he saw Brenda and Garrett outside my house walking away together...hand by hand..."

He narrowed his eyes in curiosity and confusion...

-"How come?"

-"How am I supposed to know? Jerry said he thinks Brenda is cheating on him with Garrett. But I can't even think of this...How is it possible? Brenda knows it all what Garrett did to me, how he treats people...She'd never go with him.."

-"A humans mind is either a sanctum, Veronica or it can grow being a place worse than hell... How does this make you feel?

-"I don't know, what do you mean?"

-"Does this make you feel jealous?"

-"Not at all.. I hate Garrett I don't give a damn about him."

-"Are you sure?"

-Yeah? I just worry about Brenda. Her decisions... I don't want her to end up just like me.."

-"What do you mean? You are saved...Almost too late but now you are free and safe...and you know that."

-"Well you are right..."

-"See!"

We stopped speaking.. I looked his way for a moment, admiring how his whole face sparkled in the fading sun. He looked blonder... At some parts almost red. His blue eyes were glowing, he seemed tired however. His stare was lost into nothing... I looked away and smiled at myself. I am lucky. so lucky to have him in my life. And I don't know what this is, love, a friendship... But I love how it works, because it works. And it works so good.

Daniel's side of view...

That place is so beautiful when the sun sets...And fuck what I said before, that we're over the past events.. I can't delete the fact that me and Veronica almost made out right at this place. It keeps racing my mind, day and night. I'm losing sleep. And what I cannot stand is the thought of having her crying at night over me. I'm not able to handle this. Dear lord if so good and real, why is it so complicated to happen? I know that the one that needs to make a move first is me... And I need to do it now. I guess I can wait until the moment is perfect, and I am sure that moment is to come.

Her hair in the sun have strands of red mixed with brown and blonde. She's is staring at me. Oops busted! Haha, she looks so innocent doing that. I can see her huffing at the sight of me, I do not interrupt her. She looks cute smiling at herself. I want to kiss her so bad...Oh god.. And how her hands feel on my shoulders when we're on the bike. The good thing is I can contain myself when she does that. Otherwise we'd be found dead on the road's side. She's pretty...Oh god...

.

I thought all about the issue once again...It's complicated to understand what's really happening. But wait a minute...It all makes sense...

-"It all makes sense..."

-"What makes sense?"

-"Yesterday...Brenda was talking things about Jerry...She claimed he's cheating on her, that he doesn't treat her right, that he is distant lately...And when I defended Jerry because I know he wouldn't do this at any cost...or treat her or any girl in a bad way, she got mad. Really mad. Almost took off and ran out of the house. Just a quarter later she said she needed to go.. And she seemed nervous. That couldn't be hidden..."

-"That means...Jerry's assumptions are right..."

-"That means...Brenda's dating..."

-"Garrett..."

-"Oh my god...That's impossible."

-"I can say I was expecting that."

-"How?"

-"I remember the night at the ball when she ran to you but acted as if she could do nothing to remove Garrett's hands off you. She just stood there and expected somebody else, Jerry and I to come for your savior...

-"That's... that's not happening.."

-"It's rough, isn't it?"

-"Playing with me, betraying me as I'm watching....That is crazy.. But fuck me, I am not the point. She's the point now. She's hurting herself but is too blind to realize that the end will not be pleasant."

-"She should have known better."

-"I warned her...And if she tells me that herself then I am going to warn her twice. For the moment being I'm just going to act as if I know nothing."

-"That's the best you can do. Do not involve yourself in something that will hurt you once again."

-"I think I have to talk to Jerry about that."

-"Are we sure they are dating?"

-"Events are just here to verificate it..."

-"I would advise you wait until she tells you.."

-"And what if she never tells me?"

-"Then I don't know."

-"I'm going to talk to him. He needs to know. And we have to do something about it.."

-"...the soonest possible.", we said together and laughed at it.

I looked at the floor in frustration and formed my lips to a straight line. My hand was resting cold as always on the bench. Suddenly his hand topped mine... Heatwaves went through my skin and I looked up at him.

He nodded looking right into my eyes pulling me into his hug...

Overwhelming I can say...He smells so good....I feel so safe I close my eyes and stay there just staring at the fields in front of us...

Oh how I want this to last for a lifetime...

Just us, warmth, this feeling of safety, eyes of reassurance and that sunset...

I'm not asking for much, am I?

To be continued...