9 | Endearment

Why might Barty's emotions have mirrored mine? Just more intense? It was probably just the connection we both had with them, just that Barty felt them more extreme because that was his boyfriend on the bed in front of him..

And Reggie was only my friend...

I looked back towards him and felt sick. My thumb ran over the back of his hand soothingly, whilst a small amount of tears slowly fell out of my eyes. These gentle tears blurred my eyes until I could see no more. I stood up and let go of his hand to find Poppy. However, I didn't need to move far as she walked into the cubicle with Reggie and I in it, and shut the curtain.

"Oh, sorry Remus. You might want to leave, I decided to wake the boys up from their Magic-Induced sleep. He might sleep again on his own terms, but he might not. And go take a pain-reducing potion, your moon was quite bad dear." Poppy told me.

"That's alright Pop- Madame Pomfrey. I'll leave." I responded.

I took a final look at Reggie, and opened the curtains and left. I wanted to see if Evan was awake, but decided against it to let him and Barty have some time. I instead listened to Poppy and walked to her potion cupboards to get a pain relieving potion. Due to me being in this situation many times before, I went to the exact cupboard and took a potion out. And then I heard footsteps.

I whipped my head around and Barty was standing behind me.

"How's Regulus?" He immediately asked.

"As good as he can be. Deathly pale though. Dora's doing fine too. How about Evan?"

"About the same." Wait, 'Dora'?

We both went silent. This gave me a chance to properly look at him. His eyes were red and puffy, his hands shaking and his hair was messy like he had been pulling at it. He probably had been.

"You look like hell, Barty." I said without thinking.

He came up to me and took me by the neck, lightly strangling me, "Yes! Its my boyfriend on that fucking bed you ignorant asshole! He's my world, My life's worth. My fucking-"

And he broke down crying. He let go of my neck and his knees gave out. I held him up by the shoulders, and sat him on a chair. I squatted on the floor, looking up at him.

"Sorry dude. I don't know exactly how you feel, but I might feel similar. And, am I wrong?" I responded.

"No, I'm sorry." He said through sobs.

"B-Barty?" A silent echo was heard.

"Evan?" Barty whispered, not wanting to jinx himself.

No reply was heard, but Barty practically ran to his bed. I followed, but went outside Reggie's instead. Not long after, Poppy came out and smiled at me, her strictness not directed towards me anymore due to seeing each other multiple times a month.

"He's all good. Disorientated and asleep, but alright." She informed me.

I simply smiled at her and walked to Reggie. I sat back down, and held his hand again. I placed my feet on the chair as well, curling up. I accio'd a book and read, moving the pages with my magic. I kept reading, but every few moments I looked towards Reggie, checking he was there and peaceful. After a few pages, the colour in his face came back, and his hand was warmer than originally.

"Th-That's a go-good choice, L-Lune." I heard in a faint voice.

"Reggie? You're awake? Are you okay? Well that's obvious you're not but-" My Welsh accent coming through once again in fear and anxiousness.

He cut me off with a short laugh and gripped my hand tighter. I gripped it back.

"N-Nice accent. C-Can you r-read it to- to me?" He said, voice breaking.