19 | Deceased

Florian turned his head to me, "I'm so glad you and Regulus came into my G-pa's shop."

I smiled, "Yeah, same."

He looked back to the ceiling, "You kinda saved me. I had, like, one friend. 'nd that was Koen."

"Who? Oh- Grandpa, got it."

He hummed, and we laid in silence for a while.

"Florian?"

"Yeah, that's me."

I laughed, "No, it was a question."

"Oh shit, sorry. Let me redo that." He cleared his throat, "Yeah?"

"Uh, why didn't you have friends? Like, before us?"

He sat up. So did I.

"I- I guess people just thought I was weird? I'm an Aussie at a British school. I sat down in the Ravenclaw common room, and said to the boy next to me, 'What a bunch of dags, am I right?' He looked like I was mad, and he started going off. I don' even know what about! I was like, 'Ya absolute Mongrel! I didn't think you were gonna get all devo 'bout it!'. Crikey. I don't think they really understood me."

(Dags - Nerds or Geeks / Going off - getting angry at someone / Mongrel - a dickhead basically / devo - devastated / crikey - like, 'jeeze')

"Wow. Do they not like you, just because they couldn't understand you? Or that you insulted them?" I asked.

"I don' even know mate. But I stopped using a lot of Aussie slang."

"Well, use as much as you like in front of us lot. If you want, that is. Like, we are absolutely different from one another. For one, I'm Welsh. Barty's Scottish, Evan's Irish, and Reg's French. And, you're Australian. Do what you want, we really don't care."

He laughed, "Noted."

We fell back into silence for a while.

"Alright mate. I'm buggered. Let's go back to the others." Florian stated, getting up and getting my cane for me.

(Buggered - Tired)

I thanked him, and as we were going to the common room the others came towards us. They told us that they had decided to go to the dorm, and so Florian and I joined them. When we got in, Evan was asleep and Reggie was going through what I assumed was homework.

I went over to him, and whispered, "Helo, fy seren."

(Helo fy seren - Hello my star)

He looked up from the desk he was sitting at.

"Salut, mon amour. How are you?"

(Salut, mon amour - Hello, my star)

"I'm okay, mostly. I'll tell you later about what happened without you guys."

He looked concerned, but also understanding, "Okay. Whenever you're ready."

Reggie stood up and hugged me. When we let go, he dragged me to the others.

"Hello, how are you all feeling?" He asked, a soft frown on his face.

Oh how much I would have loved to kiss it off.

"Tired." Is all Lucius said, before sauntering off to his bed.

"Should I- Uh-" Frank stuttered out, "I'm gonna- Bye!"

He promptly followed to where Lucius went - his bed - and went in. Cute.

We all split up in the room and did tasks like homework or reading.