Chapter 16

Even in the midst of people coming and going through the hospital lobby at 7pm Brian and I could easily spot Lucy among the crowd, as we waited for her after shift. Her whole body looked like it had been emotionally and physically drained of any energy. Before we could even greet her Lucy somehow got the energy out to say, "I know this is incredibly Greys Anatomy but can we go drink after the day I've had." We all nodded in agreement and pull Lucy under our shoulders as we made our way out to my car.

After two whiskey sours and a shot of tequila (an ode to how Grey's Anatomy it is to go drinking after shift), I was just about to call it a night before the door opened. My attention was drawn from Lucy's OR story when I noticed a mop of salt and pepper hair made it's way through the frame. It was Mr. Bla-, James. His jacket was neatly folded and resting in his right arm, while the left was connected to the hand of a slender, mid 30's, blonde, small boobs. My stomach turned when I notice James was making his way up to the bar. "Brian! Put your hand on my ass!" I whispered in panic. "What?" He asked confused at my request, but before he could object I grabbed it and brought it to the bottom of my hip. I turned myself just enough so whoever came up next to me could only see my back and my ass, and whoever's hand was cusping it.

For some reason I felt this need to impress Mr. Black with my life, like I had it all together. "Anna?" I heard his voice ask. I spun around in my bar seat with enough liquor inside of me not to freak out.

"Mr. Black, wow. So nice to see you," I remarked letting my hand touch his arm.

"Anna, you know better. Call me James. Oh I'm sorry, I'm being rude, this is Aria Colter, Aria this is Anna. An old friend," He winked.

"Nice to meet you, Aria." I said back looking up to her, shaking her delicate hand. Before I could even fake introduce Brian he jumped in.

"I'm Dr. Brian Kelts, her boyfriend." It was a miracle that Brian realized what I need his hand for.

"Nice to meet you Doctor." James extended his hand and twisted his enough to give him the dominance in the handshake. "I think we're going to grab a table in the quieter section of the bar, nice to meet you again," James gave us a quick wave and me a wink while his arm candy smiled and pranced away.

"Thank you," I said while letting my head collapse in my hands. "Who was that guy?" Lucy asked trying to lean back enough to watch where he and Aria were sitting.

"Just an old friend," I saw both of their judgemental faces, "Seriously an old friend." I defended myself.

"Then why did I have to your boyfriend for the past two minutes?" Brian asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know." I said with no better answer. "I don't know." Lucy must have caught onto my shift in mood and said,

"Let's get out of here," and on that note we made our way to the car. "I'll drive," before I could object Lucy snagged the keys. I wasn't even that drunk, just the mix of alcohol and my weird mood made me too impaired to drive. However, no one asked me to explain.