chapter 1

It was now day three of waiting outside. Anna Hilder had now stood for three consecutive days outside the highly acclaimed Boston law firm, Black and Donegan. As Anna kept her eye on the window that was adjacent to the receptionist's desk, she used every ounce of power inside of her to pull herself through those doors and make an appointment. Anna Hilder was also undoubtedly recognizable; her tight ringlets of curly dirty blonde hair always made a statement underneath whatever baseball cap or beanie she tried to hide it with. With it now being her third day of just standing in front of the doors starring into the lobby she drew some attention.            

      Crystal Taylor is head receptionist. After dropping out of nursing school her cousin, James hooked her up with a small desk job that led to head of reception and she was damn good at it. Always keeping an eye on who entered and exited this building, an uneasy feeling arose. She paged James' secretary who then relayed the message that he was needed out front. James Black, a talented 38-year-old divorce attorney, made his way through to reception. While wearing his $2000 suit he could feel the eyes follow him, he knew he attracted every woman in this building but he never took advantage of that factor. Just before he could even greet his cousin he noticed what she and the others in the area were cautiously looking at. A beautiful young woman, mid twenties, wearing a pair of well fitted yoga pants and white long sleeve shirt accompained by her curly hair pulled back behind a baseball cap, was standing maybe three or four feet from the entrance just staring. Crystal immediately informed her cousin that the young woman had now done this for the third day in a room and every time she has come closer to the door. Before Crystal could go into any more detail James knew why she was, "They will come when they are ready. There always is one thing that will send them through those doors,"

            "How do you know she needs a divorce?" one of the young secretaries standing next to Crystal asked, she was amazed by his intuition and couldn't help but admire her boss.

            "There's something about her.. She doesn't want to end her marriage, see she's toying with a ring of her left hand. Crystal when she finally does come in, send her straight to me."