Chapter 19

"Anna!" Lucy shrieked. "There's a very cute guy with flowers that just arrived. I'm making him a drink while you finish up!" Lucy was eating this up. I had to fill her on this date due to the very probable chance I'd be running late, and yet there I was. Running late and yelling down the stairs, 

"Thanks! I'll be there in just a minute!" I finally decided on navy blue half sheer knee length flowy cocktail dress and pair of nude heels. I'd figured if Ryan was organizing this date, we'd be in some restaurant that books reservations six months in advance. I gave up on the August humidity and let my curls go wild and did minimal make up. It was already 5 past, so I ran down the stairs but caught my balance and breath. 

I pulled myself together and walked into the kitchen to find Ryan laughing with Brian and Lucy, with a beer in hand. "Look who showed up," Brian joked. 

"Sorry I got a call, I had to take." I blushed making my way in. "Hi Ryan, thanks for waiting." Ryan was about 6'2", blond wavy hair, emerald green eyes and was wearing a suit a bit too big for him. Lucy was right, he was cute. He had this kind of charm and heart breaker smile about him as he extended his hand to shake mine. It was a bit calmy, which made him a bit more human and less intimidating. 

"Hey, don't worry about it. Your roommates are great entertainers," I glanced at the both of and saw their smirks. They liked him. "Oh these are for you, I hope you like them." They were nearly welted pink daises. 

"

"I'm not surprised and I love them, I love fresh flowers. Here I'll give them to Lucy to put them in a vase.." I nearly could feel the awkwardness. 

"Okay we've tortured you enough Ryan, it was great to meet you. Have fun kids!" Brian said nearly pushing out the door like one of our parents. We both giggled and made our way out. 

"James got a car for us," Ryan pointed towards the black four door idling outside my home. "I have this shit car that's a mess so I gladly took his offer." The sleekness of the sheer bottom of my dress slid right across the smooth seat. The next 10 minutes were filled with our driver chatting our ears off about how beautiful young love is and how he and his wife have been married for 38 years. 

"Kids we were married ago 38 years ago in Iran, it was an arranged marriage and we had known each other for a week when the wedding took place. You know what kept our marriage together as we got to know each other as husband and wife? We fought naked. We let it all hang and flail as we yelled, and it always ended between sheets." The old Iranian man declared with no shame. We tried to keep it together and nod like we appreciated the advice. He continued to go on about his wife as Ryan and I kept looking at each other about to burst with laughter. The car finally stopped at L'Endroit, a new French restaurant in the heart of Boston that everyone was talking about. We got out of the car and thanked out friend, Emmanuel for the ride and as we waved away we collapsed with laughter. 

"Oh my god, I can't stop picturing Emmanuel naked!!" I shrieked trying to catch my breathes as we held on each other laughing like drunk teenagers. We laughed all the way inside until the hostess looked at us like we were kids at the adult table.

"Do you have a reservation?" She asked tapping her pen. 

"Yes!" He cleared his throat, "Déport for 2," The hostess nodded and brought us to an intimate table in the corner. It couldn't be any more romantic. The corner was lit by only 4 candles and the lights in the distance. A bottle of chilled champagne was waiting. I couldn't help but wish that I was about to sit down with James and not Ryan.