CHAPTER 12 - I Bleed Lava

I leaped over the railing on the top of the arena and landed on the grounds of the lightning mountains.

"IT'S YOU!!" the gorilla bellowed as he pounded his humongous fists on his chest.

I turned and looked back at the arena. The number under my name was a zero and the number under the name Crater Creator had already reached one hundred thousand, and it was still increasing!

My heart pounded, my stomach churned. I felt like vomiting. Immediately, the temperature went up and my nose started to bleed. To my horror, what was supposed to be blood, turned out to be lava!

"HAHAHA! YOU WILL DIE!" the gorilla bellowed. Suddenly, I felt like my body was as heavy as a mountain, dragging me to the ground. Then the ground burst into flames. The blood, the organs, all the things in my body were yelling, "HAHAHA! YOU WILL DIE!"

Then, I managed to clear my mind. I was about to die and my friends were in this arena, hoping I would stay alive.

Then, I remembered.

Bobby.

I summoned him out of the ring and he landed onto the ground. This time, he was even bigger. The size of John's spaceship, almost half as big as the Crater Creator. Six dark-blue eyes with mysterious lines in them glared at the monster.

The monster grunted nervously and started to back off. This act surprised me just as much as the size of Bobby. Bobby opened his colossal mouth and a golden light the size of a pillar blasted onto the gorilla's body. Except for the lines made of lava, all of the Crater Creator's body started to petrify into solid gold.

The gorilla's eyes widened in fear. He opened his mouth and was about to say something when he turned to gold entirely. I gasped in amazement, so did the audience. I leaped back into the arena with Bobby already in my ring. The golden gorilla statue also went into my ring.

"THIS ROUND, SUSSY WON!" the loud speaker guy yelled, "COME TO ME TO GET YOUR CARD!"

I followed as the speaker guy led me to a place that looked suspiciously like a bank. The speaker guy whispered to a guy and got a golden card. He handed it to me.

As I got back to the arena, the speaker guy said, "TODAY'S SECOND TO LAST ROUND: JOHN VERSUS ANDY!"

Our John appeared on the stage and a short little guy jumped on behind him.

"Hahaha, I'm Andy the Great! You will—OOF!" Before he even finished talking, John whacked him with the handle of his war axe and sent Andy flying out of the stage.

"JOHN WINS!" The loud speaker guy announced.

"THE LAST ROUND: MAX VERSUS VANESSA!" The loud speaker guy told everybody.

Max, not my friend Max, another Max, was a muscular guy with a spear. He jumped onto the stage with such hesitation that he accidentally fell and face-planted into the stone stage. On the other hand, an extremely, unbelievably gorgeous girl slowly descended onto the stage, without a sound. Instantly, John, who was beside me, stared at the girl with a dreamy expression on his face. Immediately, I knew John was in love with her.

The guy grumbled to himself and charged. Even though he was muscular, he was also very fat, so much that he couldn't see his toes. Despite of this, he moved with surprising speed. His spear glowered in golden light and he aim it towards Vanessa. Despite the speed and power of the spear, Vanessa grabbed it by the tip and snapped it in half. Everybody stared at her unbelievably. To my surprise, she tightened her grip on the broken spear and it crumbled to pieces. Suddenly, Vanessa duplicated herself. In front of everyone, were two identical Vanessas.

One Vanessa bolted right in front of Max and the other Vanessa sneak attacked from the right. The identical Vanessas both punched him, causing Max to fly over and out of the stage.

The speaker guy announced again, "VANESSA WON!"

Everybody gasped, still didn't seemed to get over with the surprise Vanessa gave them.

"EVERYBODY, TODAYS LEADERBOARD COMPETITION WILL END HERE. THE WINNERS, COME BACK HERE TOMMOROW FOR THE SECOND ROUND!" The speaker guy yelled.

We went back into our rooms and I pulled John into mine.

"John, my nose is bleeding lava," I told John anxiously.

"Nice, try to master the flames in your body, this is the perfect time to master the element fire," John explained even though I don't know what he meant.

I tried to feel the flames burning in my body. Not only my nose was feeling terrible, the rest of my body was also. I quickly jumped into the refrigerator and instantly, all the ice in it melted into a puddle of water, indicating how hot I was. I concentrated and I forced all the fire in my body to form on my fingertip. Slowly, my finger became hotter and hotter, until a twinkle of flame ignited on my fingertips. As if my fingers had become a lighter.

I closed my eyes, and I could feel the fire and lava in my body, and I willed it to form into a swirl right on top of my stomach. I felt like my body burning into ash.

"Don't die now!" John shouted.

I felt like I would collapse into myself, like a star would do when it was about to turn into a black hole. To my astonishment, I burned, my clothes, the carpet, the whole hotel room ignited into flames, geysers of lava burst everywhere, melting the whole floor.

"FIRE ALARM! FIRE ALARM! GET OUT OF THE BUILDING RIGHT NOW! DANGER!" An alarm went off as I heard screams of shock and lots of footsteps. Finally, I managed to suck all the lava and flames into my body and managed not to burn into ashes.

Lucky me.

I felt myself filled with energy. Infinite power running through my veins. I held out my right hand and flames burst out of it. After all, the gorilla's spell wasn't a curse, it was a blessing.

Jerry snored so loud that the whole school woke up. The next day, Jerry was walking in the dining pavilion, winking to the girls and high-fiving the boys, or the other way around. Jerry's reputation increased several dozen times since he beat up the bullies. Now, he was like the school superstar or something like that.

Without warning, a voice boomed in the cafeteria, getting everybody's attention.

"EVERYBODY LISTEN CAREFULLY! THE SCHOOL WILL COME INTO LOCK DOWN MODE IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS. DON'T WORRY, JUST STAY IN YOUR CLASSROOMS. IF YOU'RE IN THE CAFETERIA, GO BACK TO YOUR CLASSROOMS AT FULL SPEED! MASTER JERRY AND YOUR FRIENDS, COME TO THE SCHOOL'S PLAYGROUND," a deafening voice echoed in every corner of the room. Everybody rose and ran back to their classrooms at full speed, and Jerry and the other guys bolted outside and stared at horror as a suspicious figure appeared right above them, but who was it?

Well, that's for another day, another chapter...