CHAPTER 15 - Chilled Watermelon Juice

The fight was about to begin. I took my place in the VIP box directly in front of the arena, where the fight was going to take place. The VIP box was filled with beanbags, only me and Ms Soup lounged there. My chilled watermelon was already there waiting for me.

John walked up to the arena and began to stretch lazily. On the opposite side, Vanessa strode confidently to her place on the arena stage. She did not look like the Vanessa I met earlier a few minutes ago in the waiting room. I was worried for John.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE FINAL ROUND OF THE SCALLYWAG LEADERBOARD THIS YEAR. YOUR FIGHTER, JOHN AND VANESSA!" Boomed the loud speaker guy.

All the audience cheered and began to chant, half for John, and half for Vanessa.

Suddenly, I heard a defining boom. It seemed to come from just outside the arena room. I looked up and spotted a tail made of smoke, as if something very large had fallen from space, straight into the ground.

"DON'T WORRY, MY FRIENDS! ASTEROIDS FALL HERE ALL THE TIME, THE SECURITY WILL TAKE CARE OF IT!" The loud speaker guy announced.

I decided to believe the loud speaker guy. After all, asteroids might fall here all the time. I don't know.

The fight was well on its way to begin. John looked stretched thin and Vanessa looked fierce as a tigress. My watermelon was spectacular, so I was entirely ready to enjoy the show.

However, all of a sudden, the door to my VIP box opened and a cloaked man let himself in. He seemed to be slightly limping. He was covered in debris and dust, leaving a trail of dirt behind him on my clean carpets.

"What in the world are you doing in my box!" I ventured, my mouth full of watermelon. The man took a seat next to me, reached for a glass of water and downed it in one go. As he threw his head back to swallow the last few drops in the glass, his hood fell back, revealing his face and hair. He looked familiar. He was handsome, although slightly bruised. An enormous black eye couldn't quite hide his piercing blue eyes and all the dust made his already light-colored hair appear even more golden.

He turned, a look of madness took over his face.

"Finally, I have found you! I have been falling for about 8 million light years ever since that thing slapped me with its tail! I have come to warn you!"

I frowned. "Who are you?" I asked.

I saw the man's eyes widen as if in slow motion and his jaw hit the floor.

"Y-you... what?" he asked.

"Who are you?" I repeated. "Have we met?" I honestly couldn't place him.

He got up immediately and began to pant, his hands on his hips, opening and closing his mouth as if he couldn't think of anything to say. Finally, he pointed at me and found his voice.

"YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME?!"

"Sorry," I said gingerly, "But no, I don't remember you."

He wheeled around to where Ms Soup was sleeping. "Who gave you that cat?" He asked passionately.

I shrugged. "Adwunno. Some dude."

That seemed to anger him even more. He took a deep breath of outrage and smacked himself on the forehead.

"What about the guy who waited for you to awake in the island of Avalon?! Who told you about your friends going to that school and that they were waiting for you there?"

It started to ring a bit of a bell, but I was starting to like winding this guy up. "Adwunno. Some dude." I repeated.

His nostrils flared.