CHAPTER 1 - Burned and Reborn

Memories flashed in my mind. A nine-headed monster called Whiplash, the Evil group of reptiles, the DUSAED, and Herobrine.

Then, I saw my death.

Zeus, God of the Skies, had been in the process of turning me into something else. Something powerful and almighty. But then, I died.

How had that happened?

I remembered a knife, piercing through my heart. Pain beyond belief. That couldn't have been part of the transformation, could it? Something told me not. That must have been something else, because I distinctly remembered having an outer body experience. I pretty much watched myself sort of die from a few feet above the floor, like a spirit.

Next thing I knew, everything went black.

When I woke up, I saw my cute, fluffy cat, Ms. Soup, a gift from an unknown stranger in black robes. Ms. Soup wasn't any ordinary cat, she could fly! Had that all been a dream? I asked myself. No, it couldn't have been! I tried to remember more, but my memories were failing me. I couldn't remember who had been with me when I died.

I looked around and was surprised at what I saw. Clear blue skies, not a cloud in sight, expanded all above me. Cherry blossom trees surrounded the clearing where I lay. The grass felt softer than anything I had ever touched. Birds sang merry tunes while the trickle of water nearby accompanied them.

"Where am I?" I asked out loud.

Then a voice nearby promptly replied. "You are in Avalon."

I turned. To my surprise, the unknown stranger in black robes was there. The very same person who had given me my magical cat Ms. Soup. But he was kind of translucent, like he wasn't completely solid.

"What?" I asked. "The heck is Avalon?"

The black robed man chuckled before he spoke again. "The magical land that you were sent to by Zeus to heal."

"To heal from what?" I asked.

"Well, you died. I don't expect you'll remember that, do you?"

"Of course I can't remember that! How can I remember when I died!" I lied. I actually did remember, but I didn't want to tell him for some reason unknown to me.

"When Zeus was in the middle of transforming you, something terrible happened. A knife was thrown your way from somewhere far and stabbed you right in the heart. The Gods did all they could to catch the guy who threw the knife and tried to kill you, but they failed. In the end, it was all they could do not to let you die. The knife they removed, the wound, however, wouldn't heal. That is why they sent you here, to Avalon. To heal."

"Well, well, well. And what do you care if I heal or not?" I asked, a little annoyed.

The man in the black robes chuckled again. "You still don't know who I am, do you?" he asked mysteriously.

"No, and I don't care," I rolled my eyes. This guy kept baiting me into asking him who he was, and I was not about to give him the satisfaction. I would refuse to know his identity as long as I lived!

"You'll know soon enough."

Without warning, he disappeared, leaving his last words lingering in the air.

I couldn't believe what he had told me. Was it all true? I touched my chest where my heart was. It felt kind of itchy. I stood up and tested my muscles. It all seemed okay. I wondered how long I would have to stay here, or if they had any cup noodles because I was famished!

Suddenly, I heard a crunching sound from under my feet. It looked like a letter. I picked it up, opened the envelope and began to read:

Dear Amiel,