CHAPTER 18 - Double-reinforced Netherite-Shakespearean Rainbow Nugget Boots

Before us, floating a few hundred yards into the air was a creature so large it was hard to make sense of. It was the size of the Roman Colosseum; two enormous leathery wings gave the creature a dragonesque air; three shining golden horns sprouted from the top of the monster's massive head and two gilded tusks with complicated, ancient symbols compacted on their surface stemmed from its bloody mouth.

The flapping of its enormous wings created powerful wind currents, so strong that some of us could barely stay grounded.

"That looks familiar," I pondered, although I doubt anyone could hear me over the noise of the wind blowing past our ears. Unfortunately, at that moment, I could not give it a second thought, as the wind kept pushing against me, forcing me to use my earth powers to not be blown away.

I concentrated on the ground and imagined it pulling me towards it. Instantly, a force stuck me to the ground tightly, the wind no longer pushing me backwards. Only now did I have the time to take a better look at the creature.

What I saw made me fart in surprise.

"WHY HAVE YOU COME BACK?!" Luke yelled desperately from a few yards above me, suspended in the air, his arms raised to the sky, sword in hand, as he continued to power the shield he had conjured up, that stood in protection between him and the massive beast.

"WE CAN'T ABANDON YOU! THAT WOULD BE UNCOOL, WOULDN'T IT?" I yelled back at the top of my lungs.

The beast opened its mouth and a streak of golden light blasted against the shield that Luke had formed. Cracks began to appear at its surface, and a deafening boom shook the world. Luke violently spat a puddle of blood mixed with a bit of black (probably poison), and began to fall to the ground beneath him, which would have probably broken every bone in his body, especially when he was so weak, so close to death.

Andrew ran up towards him and caught Luke, then fell and said, "You are soooooo fat, dude!"

The moment Luke fell, so did his shield. At first, I did not notice what the shield was protecting us from. Luke was caught by Andrew and as soon as he was let down on the ground, Luke's sword, which apparently had a life and will of its own, set itself over Luke's back like a paperweight. And just in time too, because as soon as the shield was down, something terrible happened.

An impossibly powerful force that felt somewhat like wind, but in reverse, began to pull instead of push. Then I saw it. An enormous gash opened from the beast's belly and a blackhole-like ball appeared within. All around me, my friends let out screams of surprise as they began to be pulled into the black ball.

"EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!" wailed Vanessa, "IT'S SO DISGUSTING! AND IT'S RUINING MY HAIR!" She was right. The wind was pulling her in, her face was entirely hidden under her black hair as she struggled to keep herself upright.

All my friends were in the same position, trying to keep themselves from being sucked into the black ball. All except for Andrew, who was looking at the creature with an expression of polite curiosity. I looked down and found the source of his powers. As always, Andrew was wearing some of his super high-technology, futuristic gear. A pair of boots made of double-reinforced Netherite combined with Shakespearean rainbow nuggets with their own gravitational force field and all elemental powers to it, glued him to the ground and kept him from flying away.

"What?" he said when he caught me staring.

"Nuthin'" I replied, but then looked at the monster, then back at Andrew. "You wouldn't happen to have more of those boots, would you?" I asked.

"Ohh, I have LOADS of them. Maybe one or two trucks," he replied. Then added, "Not with me, of course."

I suddenly heard a terrified voice above me. I looked up and the Lord of Darkness with his heart-patterned underwear flew towards the ball in the creature's belly, never ever to be seen again.

I knew the creature looked familiar, but my brain was only starting to make the connection when something terrible and heartbreaking took place.

"SENOOOOOOOOR!!!" I heard Poopleheim's terrified scream as he was sucked straight into the sky towards the ball that acted and looked like a black hole. My oldest friend, fiercest companion and poopiest of them all was completely gone within seconds, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.