Part 9

Freen's POV

Kirk and I are currently training and I can't shake the feeling that I need to apologize to Becky. Kirk noticed this so he talked to me.

Kirk: You seem distracted, Partner. what's wrong?

Freen: I think I've offended Becky.

Kirk: (confused) Offended? Since when did you care about those stuff?

Freen: (Small voice) She did a good thing but I offended her. She actually expresses her concerns. She feels warm and based on her actions I think she's really kind.

Kirk: (angry) Freen! Are you hearing yourself right now?! you need to focus on our mission. She's an Armstrong remember?!

Kirk's angry tone made me snap from my thinking.

Freen: (sad voice) Yeah.  your right.

Kirk: (serious) She feels warm and kind? Where the hell did you get that? Don't get distracted Sam we've been preparing this for so long and a day with her changes your perspective??!

Freen: Right.

"Right. She's an Armstrong after all."

My conversation with Kirk is a wake up call. I need to use my head and not trust my feelings. I will apologize to Becky cause I need to build a good relationship with her. I need to get close to her.

I went to school and bought a boba tea for Becky. I waited outside the gate to give it to her.

Freen: (waving while shouting) Armstrong!

She was confused that I was calling her but she still waved her hands back. I got close to her and faked a smile for a few  seconds just enough for her to notice.

Freen:  I'm sorry about yesterday Armstrong, I know that I offended you and Thank you for your help.  (giving the booba tea)

Becky: (Shocked) For me?

Freen: (nodding) Yes, look it has your name written on it. It says Armstrong.

Becky: (smiled) Thank you Freen. My name is Becky not Armstrong that's my family name. Please call me by my name and not my surname.

I just looked at her and I can see that she enjoys the boba tea. "I need to focus. I need to call you Armstrong"

Freen: Let's go. I hate being late and it's nearly time.

Becky's POV
I was shocked to see Freen waiting for me at the gate and even gave me a boba tea as an apology. Which made my day brighter and makes my heart flutter.

She's being extra nice to me which is weird because in our previous interactions she drive me away, ignore me or give me the cold shoulder.

She even call me Armstrong and not my nickname. I told her a lot of times to call me Becky but every time I correct her she just looked at me with those cold hazel eyes.

Kate: (slam the table) Hey! Freen, why do you keep calling Becky in her surname.

Tim: Yeah. She said she doesn't want to be called on her last name. It's annoying hearing it all the time.

Jim: (annoyed) you're hard headed Freen. Why don't you want to be corrected?

Freen: (blank face) I can call her whatever I want. Who are you to tell me what to do?

Jim: Fine! Fine! Call her whatever you want. There's no use talking about it. Change topic. (excited) Since tomorrow is weekend let's go out.

Kate: (high fived Jim) Yes. Yes. The gang will be completed again. This is exciting.

Freen: (shaking her head) I can't. I have a lot to do during weekends.

Jim: (rolling her eyes) If you don't want to be with us then don't. Yuki and Becky will be there so it's not our loss. By the way where are we going?

Becky: (happy) Let's go to my house. My Dad will accompany my brother for a business trip . We can do whatever we want. It's just us.

I saw an opportunity to set foot on the enemy's territory so I immediately took back what I said.

Freen: (Shocked) I'll be going then. I mean I want to come so I'm coming.

Jim: (annoyed) But you said your busy.

Kate: let her be Jim. She already change her mind. It's a good thing.

Jim: There's no need for you to come Freen. You'll just stay there and do nothing it's better for you not come.

Freen: (Rolling her eyes at Jim but looked at becky) I can also come to your house right Armstrong?

Becky: (smile) Of course.

Freen: Good.