Chapter 12- Izuku

-The Month of the Play-

It's finally happening! The play is almost here! I'm so excited! With Kacchan's replacement, Iida has been improving with acting, but of course he got help from Uraraka. So now all that's left is tech week and dress rehearsal, then the play, which will last for three days and perform... nine times...

It's not like it's a bad thing or anything, but since we're going to be tired, the Quinn teachers thought it'd be fun to do a sleepover here. Meaning I'm going to have to be here 24/7. I checked my phone and opened the text messages. Earlier, I texted Kacchan if we could hang out later this weekend, since tech week was coming up.

But then I forgot that he's still doing community service. It has been almost five months since I last saw him. Surely he'd be done around December, I still haven't heard from him yet. Like what the hell!

Mom did mention to dad one time that she and Auntie Mitsuki were hanging out. Mitsuki told her that when Katsuki was about to get charged, she had to ground him until his hours were up. That explains why he still wouldn't text back. I'm not giving up though!

I hear the doorbell ring. I perked my head up from the sound. I'm in my bedroom working on some homework. How come no one's answering the door? The doorbell kept ringing. I groaned out and rolled my eyes as I got up from my desk.

My feet stomped down on the steps as I hurriedly opened the door to find Shinso? "Shinso? How did you know where I live?"

"Uh..." he pulls out a book from his backpack. "You left this book at tech and it had your address on it."

"Ohh." Right. I took out the book from his hands. Examining the book, in case it got damaged. "Thank you."

We stood in front of each other for a moment. He clears his throat, "Actually, uh, I was wondering after the whole play is done, do you want to go to Outshire's Lake?"

"Oh, to fish, right? I don't know, I'm not that great at fishing."

"No—."

"Wait, it's not fishing is it? Is it for a swim? A friend group thing?"

"Midoriya!" I stopped myself from talking when he shouted. I quickly kept my mouth shut while holding onto my book tightly. He sighed. "I'm asking you out on a date."

"Oh." That's all I could say, then, "Oh... you want to go out with me. Like as a friend or...?"

He nodded his head. "I really like you, and I want to get to know you better. Is that okay?"

"I mean, sure. I guess?" I asked myself.

"So, you agree that you and I will go to Outshire's Lake after the play is over, right?"

"I'll have to think about it. I'll give you my answer when we're at school," I replied as I reached for the doorknob.

"Thank you." I hesitantly nodded my head as my response and then closed the door on him. I turned around and jolted when my parents came up behind me. With their arms crossed. Ah shit.

"Who was that, Izuku?" My dad asked.

"It was just Shinso, he came to return my book that I left at school," I responded as I showed my parents the book.

My dad eyed me up and down, "Uh-huh. Then what's with this Outshire's Lake that I heard about?"

"Dad..." I whined as I went over to sit down on the couch and set the book beside me, "It's nothing serious!"

"Izuku, he tried to take you out on a date!"

"I didn't say yes to him! I told him that I'd be thinking about it!"