Chapter 1

First love...
Probably the most purest form of love. Two innocent souls just discovering themselves. First love either lasts forever or their memories do.

Six years have passed since that day, when Jungkook got to know that his love wasn't one-sided and also when he lost his first ever love.

He had come to Seoul due to his scholarship and finally accomplished his dream of becoming a Cardiologist.

But he had to be under the supervision of a senior doctor for nearly two years.

During these years he had only focused on his studies. It wasn't like he thought of love as a distraction, he just couldn't bring himself to love someone.

He met a lot of people but he still found himself trying to look for that man child with a boxy smile in every one of them.

Well, life isn't as easy as we believe it to be.

Let's now peek into the life of our little intern.

He sipped onto his coffee looking at the sky as the sun painted it with various colours. He glanced at the digital clock on his table.

"6 AM." He thought to himself.

Today, was the day he finally gets to work under his senior doctor. To be honest, he was kind of excited for it. He put his white coat on, the name tag 'JEON JUNGKOOK' shining brightly.

A sigh of satisfaction left his mouth as he looked at himself in the white coat that he always dreamt of.

He had finally achieved his dream.

His thoughts shifted to his unknown senior.

"The senior must be a hardworking person." Jungkook thought.

"Ah...I should leave now...otherwise I'll get late and probably get a good scolding from Ms. Hiley." He thought as he grabbed his bag to head out.

--

"How in the world did I get stuck with this guy!?" Jungkook mentally groaned.

FLASHBACK

Jungkook managed to reach his institute just on time.

Students were running here and there, a bright smile adoring all of their faces. Obviously, each one of them were excited to meet their senior doctor who would accompany them.

Jungkook looked in his phone to find out which bus he was supposed to sit in.

He stepped onto the bus and quickly sat on one of the seats.

They reached the hospital within 20 minutes.

The teacher requested them all to maintain a straight line as she was going to announce the teams.

Apparently, the students would be divided into teams of even numbers and their responsibility would be given to a particular senior.

But...the problem was...the students were in odd number. Also they were to be divided according to their fields.

Jungkook stood alone in the hall as everyone else had already been assigned their seniors.

"Are you telling me that I'm the only one left and have no senior?" Jungkook asked as the teacher shook her head.

"No dear...your senior is here and as we have odd number of students, you will be the only one under him." The teacher replied.

"Okay...but where is he?" Jungkook asked, a bit impatient.

"Oh...welcome Mr. Jong-dae." The teacher said and bowed to a man who just entered the hall.

"Oh hello! You must be the intern that I'm supposed to take care of." The man said as he smiled at Jungkook.

"How in the world did I get stuck with this guy!? I thought I would get a senior doctor...not a senior citizen." Jungkook mentally groaned as he put out a smile at the man.

"It's good that I have to take care of only one brat." Jongdae sighed.

"Brat!? Who's a brat here? He must definitely not be talking about me!" Jungkook thought.

"Well young man...come with me...let me show you around this place." Jongdae said and walked off.

"I hope this oldie is a good person. I must not judge a book by it's cover." Jungkook thought as he shook his head and followed his senior.

"Let me make one thing clear to you. You can call me grandpa instead of saying 'senior' all the time okay? And don't think of me as an old man. I'm much more fit than this entire generation." Jongdae said proudly.

"Uh...okay? Grandpa." Jungkook said.

"You don't need to feel shy with me young man! I'm your friend. So treat me like one." Jongdae said.

"I'm sorry...but do you have multiple personality disorder?" Jungkook asked which left the doctor shook.

"No...why?"

"First you told me to call you grandpa...then you said not to think of you as an old man...and then you say that I'm your friend?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh my...nowadays, all people are born brainless I think." The grandpa sighed and started walking away.

"Hey you old man! I have a brain okay!" Jungkook shouted a little as the male was a little far.

"I see. You're starting to be you. That's nice! We'll start our proper training from tomorrow. Make sure that you're here by 8 AM." Grandpa said and disappeared.

"My expectations will drown me someday." Jungkook internally cried.

"Now...I guess I'm stuck with this old man for a year or so..." Jungkook sighed and lefted to his home.

He closed the door of his apartment nicely from inside and quickly jumped on the sofa.

"Everyone's crazy here. There are thousands of students in our institute and I had to be the left odd one?"

"But...I think it won't be that hard to work with oldie. He seems like a nice person overall. But I'm going to annoy him." Jungkook thought as he laughed like an evil witch...but still looked as handsome as ever. (Okay I'll stop.)

"Tomorrow's gonna be hectic." He mentally sighed.

End of Chapter 1.
This chp was quite short bcuz I was way too excited to upload it😅.

I hope ya'll enjoyed it tho!