Chapter 8: Rumor has it

Was last night a dream? Did I really give myself to Sebastian like that? It was like I threw the white flag sign up surrounding to him and telling him the war is over. Part of me feels anger of what happened because he somehow managed to convince me again. He was like a poison to me. The serpent who showed me my truest desires was him. I turn over to see Poppy fast asleep still. I get up and stretch my arms. I open the door to see other Hufflepuffs already in the common room talking and preparing for classes tomorrow. Professor Black let our prefects know that he has an announcement for all of us before classes tomorrow and it is something all the students will be happy about. Sebastian said he was going to meet me this morning and how am I going to face him? I bluntly lied to him basically agreeing that was my first time last night. How can I face Ominis who is devastated with me and thinks I used him. My head is spinning with emotions and thoughts. I grab my head to rub it and relieve it from the pain it started having. I decided to take a shower and when I returned Poppy was up with her hair all messy.

"You already showered?" She questions me and slumps back on the bed. The butterbeer must've gotten to her too.

"Sebastian said he was coming to see me but I am so nervous," I say while brushing my hair, "I kind of regretted last night. It's like I caved to him again and he wins me over like he always does," I groan. We hear a small knock on our door and both of our eyes get huge. I dash to the door and open it to see a fourth year Hufflepuff.

"Hey, um someone is looking for you Violet. He's outside the common room," She explains. I nod and she walks away. I slam the door fast and have a panicked look on my face.

"Merlin's beard he is waiting for me," I look at Poppy to see what her reaction was. She giggles because this is funny to her.

"What are you gonna say to him? Thanks for the sex but I am not interested because I actually lost my virginity to your oldest friend?" She jokes. She could tell by my facial expression that I was not in a joking mood so she immediately stopped laughing. I put my uniform on and see the Hufflepuff emblem on my robe. It was nice to be back in the uniform. I tie up my boots before I head out and Poppy tells me good luck. I walk slowly to the entrance door because I am still trying to collect my faults but part of me wants to run there to see him. The door opens and all I see is disappointment. I see Garreth Weasley pacing in front of me with a concerned look on his face. He locked eyes with me and let out a sigh.

"Violet, I fucked up last night, but really messed up," He mumbles. He looks hungover and tired. It seems that he did not get any sleep last night. I was annoyed because I thought it was going to be Sebastian.

"What happened?" I asked him and I bet he could hear the annoyance in my voice.

"So, I made out with Poppy," He whispers and is looking around to see if anyone is listening.

"So?" I roll my eyes, "No! It was bad because I ran away from her. She probably thinks I hate her or am not attracted to her. I am! Trust me, I am. I felt super sick and ran out of the room. I threw up," He looks at me with embarrassment. I chuckle at him because I know how she truly feels.

"She is not upset about it at all. She thought you regretted it, that's all," I replied to him.

"I didn't!" He gushed, "I just don't know how to face her,"

When Garreth said that I could feel what he was feeling. I understand because I don't wanna face Sebastian at all.

"Look, Poppy is so understanding. I bet if you explained what happened to her, she would understand," I give him the advice that I might've needed to hear. The only difference is Sebastian is not like Poppy. He might lose it when I tell him how I feel. Poppy comes out with a stack of muffins from the Hufflepuff common room. She is humming and looks at both of us. Her face turns red when she sees Garreth. Garreth looks like he saw a ghost.