Chapter 18: Sallow's Breakdown

I was angry, hurt, betrayed, and most of all sad. I love Sebastian and seeing him kissing another girl was my worst nightmare. I can't believe I kissed Maxwell and Ominis. Maxwell must think I am insane because I did that. I was embarrassed. I was thinking of a spot where no one would know but part of me wanted Sebastian to find me. I decide to head straight to the Undercroft. I grab my wand and the door opens to the dungeon below. I walk in and collapse. My emotions were getting the best of me. I start to ugly cry and breathe heavily. I was having a panic attack reliving Sebastian kissing Emma's neck. He kisses my neck and I feel jealous because he was mine. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I snap my head to see the monster himself Sebastian. Sebastian looks concerned and angry all at the same time. He sits down and we are now across from each other. I am still sobbing. He looked sad seeing me like this.

"Let me explain," Sebastian says calmly.

"Explain what? You were making out with Emma! You cheated on me! I love you, Sebastian so much. I feel so much pain right now," I sniffle trying to wipe the tears from my eyes but they just keep coming down.

"I didn't. I was-" Sebastian paused, "getting information," he sighs. Getting information on what? Why would he need Emma for information?

"That's a lie! I know what happened this summer between you two," I point at him as I get up. He looked shocked that I knew that.

"Was I the second choice? Was I just a thought after you did stuff with Emma? You almost had sex with her!" I shout at him.

"How did you find out about that?" Sebastian says. I feel like that was the only thing that could've come out of his mouth. I start to panic because of course how did I hear that? I couldn't tell him I was spying on him.

"I overheard it from some boys," I mumble. Which is somewhat true because I did hear it so technically it was just a tiny tiny fib. Sebastian gets up and has his hands on his hips. He looked flustered and he didn't know what to say. I never seen him look so lost in words before.

"V, I am sorry. When Ominis, Anne, and you cut me off it destroyed me. Serona was even worried about me that's why she took me in. Maybe, I just wanted to feel loved or wanted. That's why I did what I did with Emma this summer. The moment it started I thought of you. I wanted every second of that to be with you. So I stopped myself," Sebastian explains. I cross my arms and feel the darkness brewing inside of me.

"Oh, that makes sense. So you making out with Emma today was just a simple mistake?" I say and I'm holding back the tears. This pain is awful. I feel awful. Sebastian sighs heavily again.

"Emma was writing to Anne. She told me. She doesn't know that Anne isn't talking to me. She knew how Anne was doing and it was the only way to

get information," Sebastian explains.

I was shocked. I thought he put this whole Anne thing behind him. He would go any lengths to get what he wanted even kissing another girl while he had a girlfriend. I start to shake and feel my eyes burning with red. I try to turn away so he can't see but Sebastian grabs my arm. I shut my eyes hard.

"Enough with Anne!" I pause enough to collect myself. "I understand more than anyone what you have been through-but your lack of consideration for everyone around you is disturbing! Your obsession with curing her is disgusting! Would you have fucked Emma if we didn't walk in, huh? Would you tell Anne how you fucked your way through her friends just to hear from your sister? That's sick, Sebastian!"

"Violet, you need to calm down. You're being irrational about this. I kissed her, it was nothing more. I would never, ever hurt you like that. You know this?" He squeezed my shoulders tightly, keeping me still in the event I squirmed away from his grasp. I began to laugh crazily over his response, choking a bit from the force.of it.