Chapter 17: Heavy Heart

I can hear Poppy's voice echoing behind me as I dash through the Forbidden Forest. We were back as ourselves again. I felt much lighter and shorter than I did when I was Alexander. I got back to the castle's entrance and she finally caught up with me. I am still looking away from her because I did not want her to see my tears for some reason. I was broken and confused. I am angry at Sebastian but part of me doesn't want to be because I don't know if I can handle being away from him and being alone.

"Violet!" Poppy pants and starts catching her breath, "Are you alright? You ran so fast,"

"We need to get back to the common room," I mutter to her and start walking towards the direction of the Hufflepuff Common Rooms. Poppy got the idea I did not want to talk and she just followed me throughout the castle til we got there. We got back into our room and before we opened the door; Maxwell was coming back. Some Huffllepuffs were sitting on the coaches and he started talking to them. It is insane how Maxwell can walk up to anyone and have a full conversation with them. I turn around and shut the door. I slam my head in my pillow and lay there. I can spell Sebastin all over the pillow which makes me scream. I scream while I dig my head into the pillow.

'Violet," Poppy softly says as she sits next to me. I still ignore her. I hear a soft sigh, "Violet, it is okay. It's not like he had sex with her! He stopped himself, and look what happened you two are together now," Poppy says. I dart my head up and look directly at her.

"He wrote that letter AFTER he did stuff with Emma. He was writing to her all summer, and did not even think to write to me til the end of it," I snap.

"He chose you, Violet. I mean what you did to him was way worse," Poppy drifts off because she realized what she just said.

"What does that mean?" I say in an angry tone. She looked hesitant to say how she felt but I gave her a look urging her to please go on.

"You had sex with Ominis. He stopped and saved himself. You went through with it and you did it with his best friend. Also, you basically did not tell him that you were not a virgin either when you two did it the first time," She spits out. My eyes were huge because Poppy just called me out. I felt angry that Poppy would say that but I was sad as well. She was right. I did the worst thing possible but it was different. It was not just some one night stand it felt different. It felt like it was destiny. I was meant to do that with Ominis. Ominis always tried to look after me during our fifth year. Our first meeting wasn't the nicest but he was one of the most caring people I know. I start to feel the panic coming upon me and I start crying. I felt so many different emotions and the emotions were taking me different directions. I did not know where to go. Poppy holds onto me as I cry my feelings out. I was crying so loud and did not care that anyone heard me. I was devastated about Sebastian, scared for my sanity having this darkness inside me, and betraying Sebastian. The strongest emotion was Emma and him though. Them kissing, and enjoying each other. It hurt like a blade in the heart.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that, you are in pain. I am sorry," Poppy says, stroking my back as I ugly cry. I did not respond to her, just dug my head into my blanket. A small knock on the door happened. Poppy and I jumped when we heard it.

"What if that is Sebastian," Poppy whispers in panic, "What do we do?" Poppy eyes were wide staring at the door.

"What if it is Garreth," I responded to her quietly with tears in my eyes.

"No, he wouldn't have snuck in here without me knowing, it has to be Sebastian," Poppy whispers and we hear the knock again.

"Is anyone in there," I hear Sebastian say outside the door. Oh no it is him. I wanted to cry to him about how I felt and just feel safe.