Gym Class

The next class slowly crawled by. This whole day was just too damn long. It wasn't even lunch time yet and Cole was ready to go home. He had received a couple notes from kids asking him about his post in class to which he'd discreetly tuck away in his backpack and shake his head.

The class eventually did come to an end though, and off to gym class Cole went. He and Kai shared that class together and tended to be a couple of the top performers in there because of their skill in their respective sports.

He walked in the locker room to get into his gym clothes. The familiar haze of axe body spray scorched his nostrils, making his hatred for the stuff stronger and stronger every day.

Guys doused themselves in the stuff to try to be cool. He heard the chatter of boys talking amongst themselves and saw people getting changed. He headed on over to the locker he usually used and saw Kai changing. He'd always never been a fan of changing in front of others and would hide off to the side in a corner to quickly change.

Cole, however, enjoyed the view. Kai was in the middle of taking off his shirt when Cole greeted him.

"Hey, dude." He bit his lip to hold back a flirty comment but couldn't help eyeing him up and down a little.

"Hey, Cole. We're doing a bunch of track stuff today." He huffed as he pulled his shirt all the way off. "Hope it's not too cold out there."

"Ah. I was outside earlier and it was fine.." he trailed off as he looked over him. "Speaking of fine,-

"Don't finish that sentence," Kai warned, quickly pulling on his gym shirt.

"Boo." Cole feigned offense and then took off his own shirt, showing off that body many of the other boys envied. He earned a few quick glances.

"I wish they'd stop staring..."

"Whys that, Kai? You jealous?~"

"N-No! It's just.. rude." He scratched his nose in annoyance and finished changing. It was his tell, he always scratched his nose when he was embarrassed or lying when he couldn't tidy himself up or mess with his hair. It was kinda cute.

The two finished getting dressed and headed out to the football field where the track was. Kids were already out there doing their warm up laps.

"Wanna race?" Cole challenged.

"Cole.. you know track isn't my thing.. I do basketball. It's more about agility than raw speed."

"Come on.. you never let me race you. I don't even think I've seen you try to run. Why is that?"

"You play football, you have to be pretty fast.. I figure you'll beat me."

"Not everyone who plays football is fast."

"Ngh.. well.. you know.. I'm at a disadvantage."

Cole tilted his head and looked down at him in confusion for a moment before coming to the realization. "You think you can't run fast because.. you're short."

"Shut up!" he huffed. "Short people are plenty fast!"

"Prove it then~ Beat me in a race and I'll owe you any one thing you could ask of me. Anything, as long as it's possible."

Kai tapped his foot. "A tempting offer.. but what if I lose?"

"If you lose, you have to let me give you lots of kisses and not get all mad."

"Ngh.. fine. I'll accept your offer."

"Really?" Cole grinned in excitement.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just get it over with. One lap around the track."