Chapter 1

✨Giovanni✨

''Giovanni? Your dad wants to see you.''

''Okay, Nanny, I am coming.''

I sigh as I leave whatever I was doing and proceed to my dad's office. Being an only child and the heir to my father's businesses is not that easy. I am 19 years old but everything is done for me. I have never attended school outside. All my learning has been done online, and I never had an opportunity to make friends or experience any love life of my own. I do not even know what I like.

I sigh again.

''Yes, Dad.''

''Sit down, my son. How have you been?''

Do not get me wrong, I have a very good relationship with my dad because he is the only parent I have. My mom passed away when I was young in a road accident, so my dad has raised me ever since.

''I am fine, what surprise do you have for me now, Dad?''

''It is not a surprise but Vincent's daughter has come back from abroad and her father has informed me that she has taken an interest in you.''

''Really? So, you have already arranged a date for me.''

''Yes, I have.''

''But Dad when will you let me choose what I want? I am not a baby anymore am 19 years old already.'' I said sitting on the chair.

''We talked about this son.''

''No, we did not I was not asked anything.''

''Okay but just go on a date with her. I have already arranged, and we do not want to disappoint them.''

''Since when did you start caring about disappointing people? Dad.''

''Trust me I do not care but it is for the sake of our businesses. Come to think of it. If the two heirs are dating, then our business relationship will be strong and also think of the future of our businesses. Okay.'' He said patting me on the shoulder.

Mr. Vincent is my dad's business partner. Since the two companies merged the profits have been increasing seriously making us the richest people. So, you can imagine all the security personnel and bodyguards my dad has hired. Only for his son. I sigh again as I go to my room and prepare for my arranged date.

I could have refused you know, but I do not know anything concerning anything. I want to move out and live my life but where will I start? What I know I like is, drawing. Drawing and painting have been my companion ever since I was young.
I would like to enroll in an art school but if I told my dad he would bring a tutor home and I do not want that. I want to explore on my own and at least be an independent person in the future.

I had made a list of what schools I would like to enroll in and when the right time comes, I will apply and see what will happen. I am excited for myself but at the same time, I am afraid because I do not know what I am indulging myself into and what the future holds for me. But how will I know if I do not try?

Earlier I had asked my Nanny what she thought, and she said she was proud that I am starting to get out of the hole. My Nanny has been taking care of me since I was born so we are quite close. She is like my second mother, and I appreciate her for everything.

I throw myself into my bed and I started wishing for all the things I have never experienced in my life and what and how it would be. I started feeling sleepy and I set my alarm to wake me up so that I can start preparing for my date.

Hello my wonderful readers, I hope you will enjoy the book, and if by any chance the names of my characters match with the names of other characters you read somewhere, it is pure coincidence.

Comment and vote, and also share the story.
Thank you!