Chapter 6

Giovanni

''Dad, I am going out.'' My dad looked at me with widened eyes.

''Where are you going at this hour son?''

''I- I am going to meet someone, a friend I made I do not want to keep him waiting now can I go?'' I said hurriedly before my dad starts asking me questions.

''Okay, you can go, and do not stay out too late.'' 

''Okay thank you I won't,'' I spoke. 

I did not know what I was thinking when I called Pelumi but I felt like I needed to just talk and see him. 

''Uncle could you take me to this place?'' I gave him the location that Pelumi had sent me.

''Sure, okay.'' He said and I was glad that he did not ask me any questions. We arrived at the place, and I texted Pelumi to come and get me. I was a bit nervous because he told me he was having dinner with a friend, and I did not want to seem like I was intruding on anything.

Pelumi came and I was actually happy to see him. The food we had was good. It was out of the normal dinner that my dad has the maids and nanny prepare. I met Pelumi's friend and I was not sure how I was to react because he seemed like he did not like me that much. But I understood him well. I mean if it were you and your friend introduces you to someone else as their friend how would you feel? I felt a little bit guilty because I do not want to be the cause of any problems that would arise between them later.

After dinner, we had Pelumi offered to take me for a walk. I was really glad that it will help me release some tension. We talked a little bit on the way until we reached his place. It was a very nice place, peaceful like my dad's mansion. I love a peaceful environment, with no disturbances from people or neighbors. Just peace and quietness. 

''How do you like it?'' he asked.

''It's beautiful,'' I said inspecting everything that he had. I was curious if he had bought all this for himself, and the house was very neat and very well arranged everything seemed to be in its right place. wow

''Did you buy all these for yourself?'' I asked.

''Well, most I bought for myself but some things like the lamp my mum gave it to me when I was moving out. He spoke.

''Wow, it's beautiful I said admiring the pattern that the lamp had. very unique. I thought. 

Silence but not awkward.

''so do you walk around with a bodyguard all the time?'' he asked. I hesitated before I answered because I was not about to tell him that we are the richest people the world could offer and that is the reason for walking with a bodyguard because my dad wants to protect his only heir.

''I mean there is nothing wrong with that, I was just curious you do not have to explain.'' He added.

I nodded.

''I better go I think it's late,'' I said to break the silence and the awkward situation that had been created.

''oh okay,'' he said. He walked me back to where my car was, and I introduced him to Uncle Tony, and we said our goodbyes.

''Uncle if there is anything you want to say just say it,'' I said because I noticed he was looking at me through the rear mirror.

''So, he is your friend huh? He is the one who is making you smile like that. He spoke. right, I am making it too obvious. 

''why should I not be happy or smile Uncle I just made a friend for the first time in my life,'' I said.

''I wonder what type of friend he is, but I admire that you could trust him. He seems like a nice person though.''

''of course, he is,'' I said and looked outside the window. Rain. I love it when it rains, the cold breeze, and my Nanny always told me that the rain droplets falling onto your body make you recall the touch and warmth of your loved ones, even though you are far from them. If only I had a loved one, well my dad is there and my nanny but the touch of someone you love, a partner... hmm I sigh.

''Son, sighing has become your routine.'' Uncle Tony says drawing my attention from the window.

I laugh, a fake laugh though.

''Do not worry, when you find the right person, you will know.''

''Are you reading my mind now,'' I said surprised that he knew what I was thinking about.

''No, but I know those sighs. he spoke. Do not be in a hurry Giovanni just take your time, think about yourself, what you like, and see how it goes okay?'' he added.

I nodded because I had nothing to say. The rest of the ride was silent leaving me to think about what Uncle Tony said.