Chapter 14

Pelumi's Pov

It was 5 pm and that's the time I usually come from my dance practice classes. I drove by an accessory shop because I had placed an order for two rings written Giovanni's name and the other my name. I Planned to gift him this ring and ask him to be my boyfriend. The rings were very cute and inside each ring, there was written a note. ''I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.'' I thought that it was a very nice thing to tell someone you love. For all the days that I have spent with Giovanni, I felt really wonderful and happy inside, being able to share your thoughts with someone is a very intimate gesture and I loved it. So why not.

I drove to my house, I needed to take a shower because Giovanni would be arriving soon. Suddenly my doorbell rings. I thought it was Giovanni but upon opening the door, Iris stood there.

''Iris, come in, I did not expect you at this time,'' I said. 

''I know I just felt like talking to you about something.'' He spoke. 

''Okay, what is it,'' I asked I was a little worried because he looked down.

Iris sat down and I followed him. He was quiet for a minute before deciding to talk. He took a deep breath and started.

''Pelumi you remember the day I told you about that someone I had my eyes on?'' He asked and I nodded.

He looked me straight in the eyes, ''It's you pelumi." he said tears welling up in his eyes. 

There was silence, digesting what he had said. 

''It's you Pelumi.'' He repeated. "I like you; I have liked you since forever!'' He added, tears now streaming down his face, I did not know what to say so I kept quiet. ''I have liked you and I still like you Pelumi, I was afraid if I told you about it, I would lose you as my friend and I did not want that.'' He spoke. ''And that is why I did not like it when you took all your time with Giovanni.'' He added. I was still silent.

''Say something,'' he said.

I was at a loss for words and the words I could manage to let out were just an apology.

''I am sorry Iris, I did not know about it." I said.
"but I have never thought of you as being more than friends,'' I spoke. I felt sorry I could imagine how it felt. '' I am sorry,'' I said once again.

''You do not have to be sorry it's not your fault anyway.'' He said laughing it off, but I could still see the pain in his eyes.

''I am the one who should be sorry for liking you more and never saying anything about it. who knows if I had said it earlier, we would be a thing.'' He added. I still did not know what to say.

''I am leaving.'' He suddenly said. ''I have gotten what I wanted.'' He said heading for the door. I followed him,

''Iris, wait, you are still my friend if you need anything tell me,'' I said, and he just nodded. I closed the door and sighed and leaned on the door. The bell rang again, this time it was Giovanni.

''Giovanni, hi.'' I said.

''Hello, I just passed by Iris, and he was crying,'' Giovanni said and I felt really bad for him. I showed Giovanni in and closed the door.

''He came to tell me about how he had feelings for me, but I turned him down.''

''How do you feel?'' Giovanni asked. 

''Bad and a little bit guilty,'' I said throwing myself on the couch and letting out a big sigh.

''You should not feel bad for rejecting someone.'' He said rubbing my back. ''He will get over it and am sure he will find someone else who will like him back it's not your fault.'' He spoke. ''Do not think about it too much.'' He added.

He was right. I just hope Iris will be alright. I had not even taken a shower yet. 

''I am going to take a shower,'' I spoke.

''Okay, do not take long.''  Giovanni said

''Or do you want to join me?'' I said dragging him along with me.

''No, no, I have already taken a shower plus I do not want to see you naked just yet.'' He spoke.

''Really?" I laughed. 

''Yes, I am not your boyfriend yet, remember?" He said and I nodded so I let him go. I was going to ask him to be my boyfriend anyway.

After the shower, we prepared dinner showing Giovanni what needed to be done because he did not know how to cook, and he insisted that he wanted to learn. We took dinner, and he told me about the talk he had with his dad, and I was glad that he was able to tell him and remove the burden from his shoulder. And I thought this is the right time to ask him to be my boyfriend officially. So, I brought the box that had the two rings, and I gave him a letter I had written explaining all my feelings to him through words. Although action speaks louder than words, sometimes hearing the words confirm your feelings for your partner.

I watched him as he read the letter and tears were welling up in his eyes, he finished reading the letter and placed it down, and I knelt in front of him and asked him.

''will you be my boyfriend?''

''Tsk, please, you took long to ask.'' He said jokingly and wiped his tears away and said yes. I gave him the ring with his name, but he insisted we exchange them, I take his and he takes mine. 

We looked at each other. ''Can I kiss you?''  I asked. He bit down on his bottom lips nodding. His lips were warm and soft. They parted slightly allowing my tongue to slip inside. Our bodies pressed together heatedly against each other, breathing heavily as our lips pressed together.