Chapter 4

✨Pelumi✨

As I entered my house a text comes in. From Giovanni. 

Giovanni: I did not mean to be rude back there. I have noticed that I did not shake your hand.

Me: It's alright I understand.

Giovanni: Are you home yet?

Me: Just arriving.

Giovanni: oh, okay goodnight then

He does not talk that much.

Me: wait. I had a great time talking to you. Hope we will meet soon again. Good night.

Giovanni. I sighed. We have different lives, but he is really interesting and pretty. I shake my head to get rid of those thoughts I mean he is but ... ahh whatever.  I take a shower and proceed to lay down on my bed I could not sleep so I allowed my thoughts to take over me. 

I discovered I was homosexual when I was young. But I came out to my parents at 15 and was quite surprised they knew. My mom said I once came from school and told them that I liked boys. But my first partner was a girl. My mom said she was really surprised, and they decided to let me know what I liked by myself. I was glad that I had told them before and when I came out fully it was not a surprise and it never changed anything or my relationship with them.

I have dated boys all my life but none of them was serious. It was just going for one-night stands and that's that. I have never really found anybody to settle down with and I am not looking for one at the moment but making friends will not hurt.

Giovanni mentioned that he did not have a chance to make friends and he does not have. I do not mind being friends with him, and I want to know him more. If he allows me.

And with that, I started feeling drowsy. I did not set my alarm to wake me up at my usual time because tomorrow is a weekend and I want to have a good sleep after working all week.

Giovanni

''Nanny, can I ask you something.''

''Yes, my dear what is it?''

''Did I have any history of making friends when I was young?'' 

''Umm well no you were always withdrawn. But why do you ask that.''

''No, it's just that I-I am finding it difficult to make friends,'' I spoke.

 ''But I have someone I do not know but I think I want to be friends with,'' I added making my Nanny look at me with Suprise written all over her face.

''Oh, really who is it?''

''I do not know him that well, but I am in the process of knowing him, he is interesting.''

''Oh, why don't you tell me more about it.'' 

''I will tell you later Nanny not now I have to go before Dad calls me. You know I have a date to go to.'' I said sighing.

''I know my love. How is your date? Do you like her?'' 

''I do not know Nanny, but I do not like and do not want to go on dates especially arranged ones.''

''I understand my love. Why don't you talk to your dad about it?'' 

''Ooh Nanny, you know him, he will start telling me about the future of the business and everything that I am not even interested in.''

''But have you tried to talk to him?'' Nanny asked tilting her head. 

''No,'' I said almost in a whisper.

''See, take your time and think about it. Who knows maybe he will understand.'' Nanny said and left me to ponder on what she had said.

I sighed. I do not remember the last time I sat down and had a talk with my dad. I feel like we are a little bit distant although we are living under the same roof. I have a lot to tell my dad like I want to enroll in an art school, move out of the house, make new friends, and control my love life, it's a lot. But when I find the right time, I will surely talk to him about that but for now, I will let it rest. Suddenly my phone rings snapping me out of my thoughts.

''Is this Giovanni Perez?''

''Yes, it is.''

''We are calling from Sketch Masta School of Arts following the application you made of enrolling in.''

''Ah yes.''

''We are sorry to inform you that the enrollment slot is full. Not that you did not have the right requirements and qualifications, but you were a little bit late.''

''Oh,'' I said feeling a little bit heartbroken.

''Yes, but the enrollment will be open again next year. sorry again.'' She spoke.

''Oh, it's fine thank you,'' I said and disconnected the phone.

Next year? that is too far. But I still have a list of schools to apply to. I was just hoping that I would hear good news from them. But I am glad I have the right qualifications, maybe being accepted into other schools will not be that difficult. I thought.