Chapter 8

It has been two days and Pelumi has not yet received a text or a call from Giovanni. He has been avoiding him ever since. Pelumi does not know where Giovanni's place is because he never talks about it that much and even if he knew he was not about to surprise him with a visit and ask him why he is not talking to him after what happened. Pelumi still understood that he had to give him time to process what happened. He does not know if Giovanni likes boys, after all, what he had been hearing from Giovanni is all of his arranged dates and all of them were with girls. Pelumi had started spending all his time on him as a friend and maybe something more. But he does not know if Giovanni will be more than just a friend.

Giovanni does not know if Pelumi is gay, that is one thing. Pelumi thought what will be his reaction when he finds out? How will he take it? Will he think that he was after him for something else and not friendship? Will he think that he pretended to be his friend in order to have his way with him? He does not know, and he is also confused. He has never been in a situation where he had to think this much because of someone. But he is willing to go far for Giovanni. If Giovanni by any chance likes boys, he decided he will fight for him, and he knows that he likes Giovanni for sure and those feelings could go deeper than any ocean if Giovanni gives him a chance.

On the other side, Giovanni is lost in his thoughts. He does not know what to do or what to think. He is confused. He is confused about what he feels. He likes Pelumi that is for sure, but does he like him to the extent that he was about to kiss him? Since that day with Pelumi, he has not been able to sleep well, thoughts clouding him every time he decides to sleep. At one time Giovanni thought maybe he does not like girls after all and maybe his preference is something else. Every time those thoughts of him liking boys instead of girls came, he tried to brush them off not giving them a chance to reason with him. Giovanni thought having a friend is his achievement. But was this situation of having a friend this difficult? Why is he having to think about his friend this deeply? Or maybe he just needs to give himself a chance and think of Pelumi as ''more than just a friend.'' Giovanni had even thought of talking to his nanny about it, but he decided not to because he does not know how his nanny will react. He still has so many things he has not told his dad so he decided it can wait as long as he does not think about it that much because he is just a friend. he thought to himself. He is just a friend. He is just a friend. And after thinking about all that Giovanni concluded. Pelumi is just a friend and nothing more.