Chapter 9

Pelumi

I was awakened by a knock on my door. I checked the time, and it was 9 a.m. Ugh who would be on my door this early? I dragged myself from my bed and went to open the door. I was really tired from yesterday and a little bit worried because of Giovanni that is why I decided to just sleep. Maybe my worries would go away.

''Oh, Iris?''

 I did not expect him to show up at my door after our last argument. It was a surprise. He also has a spare key to my apartment and at normal times he would just come in. I allowed him because I also have a key to his place. We exchanged them when we moved out of the small room we were staying and since every person had found their place. 

''Hello, you are still asleep. can I come in?''

''Sure, sure of course.'' I was upset about that day, but he is still my friend though. I showed him in. 

''Don't you have a key you could have just come in,''  I spoke.

''Uum yes, I know but we were not on good terms the last time we were together so that's why.'' He speaks.

''Oh, okay,'' I spoke. I do not know why it's so awkward between him and me. But it is because neither of us has spoken to each other after a long time.

''Yes, and I came to apologize. I should not have reacted that way,'' he said.

''Yes, you are my friend, you should be pushing me on and encouraging me when I try something new. I would do the same for you Iris.'' I spoke. I would Definity encourage any of my friends. I mean what are friends for? 

''I know you would,'' he said. I gave him a cup of coffee and we sat down.

''So, am I forgiven?'' he asks.

''Yes, you are but if you tell me why you reacted that way and said the things you said.'' I had to know I was not pushing him to the wall to tell me but if it's something he could share then I will listen and if he felt that I betrayed our friendship then I will apologize and assure him that, that is not the case.

''I -I was just a little bit overwhelmed and thought that you would concentrate more on Giovanni and leave me out.'' He spoke. "I mean if you are taking it further than just being friends it's okay, I have no problem with it. I just do not want you to leave me behind as your best friend.'' he adds.

''What are you trying to say? of course I will not leave you behind you are my best friend and nothing is changing that and even if I have a boyfriend, you will still be my friend just trust me okay?'' I assure him.

''Okay, I am sorry.'' He says, and we hug each other I feel nice for having my friend back because I have a lot to tell him and at least he will help me think.

''Eh -eh so what have I missed?'' he asks.

''Aloot I do not know where to start.''

 I told Iris what has been going and how Giovanni and I almost kissed and how he is avoiding me now.

''Maybe you are going too fast, and he is not used to such kind of things.''

''You think? But I have been trying to get a hold of him, but he is not picking up my calls.''

''Okay, why don't you give him time? At least you searched for him, if he searches for you then it means he is okay it's just that it was a bit overwhelming but if he does not, well I think you might have to let him go and think of something else or someone else.'' He speaks.

I mean he has a point. I will back down if Giovanni says he is not interested in being friends with me. But I do not feel like letting him go yet. So, I told him I will think about it.

''So enough about me. what about you? Have you found someone yet?'' I ask him. 

''Well, I have my eyes on someone.''

''A girl?''

''A boy. You know I like boys.'' 

"I know you do it's just I have never seen you engaging with anyone even the times we used to go clubbing.'' I spoke.

''Well, this person only sees me as a friend, and I do not know how to tell him that I like him, and I do not want him to think of me as only a friend but something more.'' He speaks.

''Wow, that is messed up. We are in a similar situation here. Why don't you tell him and see how it goes, shoot your shot.'' I tell him.

''But I do not think that person likes me that much.''

''How will you know, and you have not even tried? I asked him.

 I thought to myself I have not even tried telling Giovanni that I like him. But in this situation, I cannot tell him until I know everything is fine with him.

''I will.'' He says and looks out the window. We talked about the things we have not said to each other. After some time, Iris left.

I hope things go well for both of us.  I sighed, checking my phone for any message from Giovanni but there was none.  Time, give him time.