TCG: Chapter 21

Amanah

"Trust you?" Evander scoffed as he crossed his arms over his chest; I had just finished explaining the situation to him, or at least what I thought the plan should be. "Why?"

Two months had already passed since I visited the sanctuary, and since then, I had felt more of a connection with Lunaria, but sometimes I felt dread—which was way heavier than her anger. She still didn't talk to or reveal herself to me, although it did feel like we were in sync regarding our emotions and thoughts.

We hated the motherfucker named Evander and thought Ylil was a bitch. She is.

"I have to tell you something," I got up from my chair, my butt was starting to feel numb, and my legs were going dead. "Remember when I asked to see Miall two months ago—I was pretending to be Lunaria," I whispered.

Evander clenched his jaw, and I flinched, ready to raise my hands and protect myself; even though he hadn't harmed me physically since we confirmed my pregnancy, he had uncontrollable anger issues.

He took a deep breath and snorted as he put his hand on my head.

"I know," he said, and I opened one eye to look up at him.

"You know?" I asked, shocked as I put down my hands, annoyed at the effort. "How do you know?"

"You're quite obvious; you cried the moment you saw him," Evander rarely mentioned Miall's name, and he didn't hide how much he disliked him—something told me it stemmed from their childhood.

Of course, Evander's biological father killed him because he wanted Miall to be alpha; that was enough for hate.

"Ah, just because we're working together on reviving Lunaria doesn't mean I have forgiven you for what you did to my husband. What if he never comes back as you've promised?" I whimpered as I sat down on the chair, tired of standing. "I will never marry you!"

I threatened, and Evander chuckled dryly as he paged through his files.

"Believe it or not, you are not my type, and I wouldn't want to marry you either," he stared at me, uninterested, and I was offended.

"I'm not your type?" I squeaked out as I pulled my cardigan over my belly. I'm deeply offended.

"No Lunar—I mean Amanah. You're not. I don't go for pregnant married women," he said. My breath caught in my throat.

"Is that all I am?" I whispered, bewildered. A pregnant married woman?

"Is there anything more to you?" He deadpanned, and my eyes widened.

"You are rude," I pointed a finger at him. "You're not sinking in debt right now because of me. Remember that."

"Sure, it's all because of you. You're an angel," he smiled brightly, and my eyebrows furrowed. Is he being genuine or sarcastic right now?

"You are so anno—"

"Alpha! Luna," Malakhi said as he rushed in through Evan's office.

I didn't see my family and friends enough, so whenever I got a glimpse of them, I always felt immense joy.

"Yes?" I responded before Evan could complain about the beta's hastiness.

"You have an important guest waiting for you at the border; they said they can't enter unless you allow them to," he reported, and I smiled, nodding.

"Okay, we'll be there. Which entrance?" I asked when I saw Malakhi's deadly glare trail to Evan, who taunted him with his bright smile.

"Hubva duvha," he whispered, and I thanked him as he took his leave. [Where the sun rises]

"The only reason I allowed you to free your officials is that—"

"Yours were too incompetent, so don't taunt mine, especially what you've done to their alpha," I said sternly, annoyed because he tried to change the narrative. "I'm trying my best to keep them in their roles and not have them act on their anger. So the least you could do is respect them."

"Fine," he raised his hands as if admitting defeat. "I'll respect your trusted officials and do my absolute best not to annoy them so they don't rip me to shreds," he mocked as he got up. "As if it would hurt," he whispered to himself, but I still heard him.

I wonder what happened between him and Miall.

"What are you waiting for, Luna? We have a guest who awaits our presence," he said as he opened the door for me.

"Oh, thanks?"

"Yeah, say it as if it's totally rare for me to be a gentleman," he scoffed as he walked beside me with his hands shoved in his pocket.

"Someone's offended," I commented, and he leaned down, raising his eyebrow. I faced him and examined his features; another question gnawing away at my will to survive surfaced again. "How old are you?" I asked as I stared at the grey hairs that blended so well with his dark hair.

"Is that out of genuine curiosity or an insult?" He asked, and his lips tugged upward as I answered.

"You really look young but old," I said and bit my tongue for not saying it better.

"Hmm, I'm two years younger than Miall, which means I'm two years older than you," he looked at me and grinned. "Maybe you'll start growing grey hairs soon after you give birth."

"Don't curse me," I said, holding his hand as he helped me descend the stairs. "But why is your ageing showing physically already?" I asked him, and he stilled as he held my hand tightly.

Cocking his head to the side, he chuckled and shook his head.

"Maybe because I don't have a soul?"

"What does that mean? How can anyone without a so—"

"We've arrived at the gate," Evander discarded the conversation as he pointed to the gate. It was around four in the afternoon, and this side of the land is usually cool at this time of day, but today, it felt extremely warm, and my skin felt happy.

I saw a figure looking out the border gates into the neverending land; her golden locks flowed naturally down her back, and I had never been more jealous of silky hair. Her dress sat freely around her body but didn't hide her curves and sexy long legs. Her skin looked delicate as well.

Evander and I stopped as the woman turned around with a beautiful, kind smile. Her warm eyes stared at us peacefully, and the sun created a halo around her. Confused, I looked to the other side, wondering how the sun that had risen from the east also set in the east.

The woman laughed upon seeing my confused expression.

"The sun tends to follow me whenever I visit the lands," she said, and her melodic voice comforted my ears.

"Why would it do that?" I asked, completely in awe.

"Oh, it's a little trick I know as the sun goddess!" She beamed, and I swear, I really swear, I heard a harmony vocalise around us, and even butterflies flew from behind her. How is she doing that?

"So what do you want?" Evander asked as if her being did not hypnotize him.

I slapped his arm, and he frowned, looking at me.

"How can you ask a goddess that? You welcome them!" I scolded and gripped his arm, bringing him down. "And since you like money so much, inviting her in will bring you fortunes!"

I let go of his arm and smiled kindly to the goddess.

"Please, come in," I said, pointing to the gate.

"How kind of you, thank you," she bowed, and I waved my hands fanatically, trying to stop her.

"Please, you're always welcome."

Bitch.