TCG: Chapter 23

I sat on the bed with Miall, and my eyes felt itchy and painful. It must be from all the crying. 

"Are you okay?" I whispered as I pushed his hair back. "Did it hurt a lot? Were you scared?" I asked as I held his hand. "Tell me everything."

"I'm okay. Are you fine? Did he hurt you? How are our children? Are they safe? Is mom safe?"

"Everyone is okay and safe. You know you can't meet them until the fight, right?" I asked as I scooted closer to him. "Do you feel okay? Are you dizzy?"

"Amanah, baby. I'm fine. I'm here, with you. So I'm good. It's me, baby," he smiled gently as he pressed our joined hands to his lips.

But it's not really you. Something's missing in you. A big piece of you is gone.

,

I pressed my lips against his and sighed. Yes, I had to believe this was him so they could believe it was him as well.

"I'm so happy you're here," I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm so glad."

"Yes, I'm here to save you all," he said, and something about the way he said it didn't sit right with me.

"From Evander, right?" I asked as I moved back to face him.

"Yeah, from Evander. This time, I'll make sure I protect you from all harm," he said, and I smiled.

"You know, Lunaria left me the night you died," I whispered, and his eyebrows furrowed. "Evander has been trying to make me think like her so that he can find her body, but he doesn't believe me when I tell him she's gone. She doesn't even talk to me anymore. I can't feel her either. I felt like I lost all of you that night," I whimpered, and he held my cheek.

I leaned into him as I stared into his purple eyes; those were not the eyes of the person I loved. They looked so lame and dead.

"Then we'll just have to make him leave and enforce she doesn't come back either, right?"

"Yes?" My cheeks were starting to hurt from all these forceful smiles. I feel sick. I want to vomit.

"Amanah, Miall," Malakhi said as he entered the room. "The gods are done, and everyone available has been called besides the children," he reported, and I nodded.

We followed him out of the room, and as we reached the doors, Evander stood there with his arms crossed against his chest.

"You seem happy to be with your love. I hope you won't miss him when he dies the second time around."

"Do you think you'll even get to taste a bit of victory? I think not. This time, it's a fair fight; your little minions won't help. You're all alone," I sneered, and he laughed, clapping his hands.

"Thank you so much for the pep talk. I'll be sure to win so I can wipe off that smug look on your face," he said as he opened the door. He turned to face me and said, "This is the last time I'll ever be nice to you, Amanah."

He closed the door, and I turned to face Miall, who harboured a blank expression. My heart clenched, but I ignored it. It's fine.

I placed my hand on his cheek and he looked at me, a smile grew on his face and my lips tugged upwards.

"Will you be okay? Orion isn't in you right now," I touched his chest, trying to feel his heartbeat. He put his hand over mine and grinned.

"Of course, I'll be okay; I've been blessed by two gods and trained by Orion. We'll all be safe from now on, baby," he kissed my forehead and gulped.

So, are the other two gods against this?

"I believe in you," I kissed his cheek and left him to sit in the official seating. As I reached the terrace, Ylil and Seifer sat side by side, close to the chair meant for me.

"Is he ready?" Ylil asked softly, and I nodded; I got on my knees, and I swear I could feel the vomit come up.

"Thank you for what you've done. You've changed our lives," I said as I bowed before her. Oh my gosh, it's taking all my strength not to paint this floor green!

"No, no, please never bow to me, Luna." She said as she helped me up. "We should take care of your body as you are protecting the heir to all this. I'm inferior to you on this land, Amanah."

"You flatter me, Ylil. Thank you again, Seifer, for answering my call."

"No worries, girly. Now, let's enjoy the fight," he said as he pointed before us. Seifer seemed like a carefree guy who didn't care about almost anything but seemed invested in this.

I sat on my chair and greeted Mom, sitting on my left.

"What's going on, Amanah?" She whispered as she touched my hand.

"Things are about to go back to normal, Mom. Everything will return to where it's supposed to be," I said as I looked at Ylil, who was already staring back at me.

Showing my gratitude again, I bowed slightly, and she smiled and pointed to the arena they created.

"Make the announcement, Luna Amanah," she whispered, and I got up.

The loud murmurs of the confused pack members died down a little as they saw me walk toward the edge of the circular terrace.

My dress trail was probably buffing this floor clean, but I liked how it felt so smooth against my skin. Man, being queen was fun sometimes.

"Eclipse Pack! Four months ago, we were unfairly robbed of our alpha. It left all of us devastated, and the casualties that came after it were uncomfortable. However, the gods heard our cries! They have provided a fair opportunity for us to witness the greatness of our alpha. A chance for us to recognise ourselves again. Today, Alpha Evander will face off against his only foe, the only true alpha we recognise. Alpha Miall!"

The crowds screamed their shock and happiness as they saw Miall shirtless enter the area. Real Miall or Fake Miall, his body is still hot.

"What's going on," I heard Nyleve gasp behind me as she saw her son.

Looking at Evander, I could see him roll his eyes and mimic me, saying, 'One true alpha we recognise...'

I felt sorry for him; as much as he hurt me, I hoped he would quickly realise that he had lost and surrendered. Or else he would be the one who ended up dead this time.

"Cheer for your alpha, Eclipse. And may the goddess Lunaria bless your flight!"

The crowd chanted Miall's name, and I returned to my seat. I could feel Ylil's stare on the side of my face. When I turned to look at her, she smiled kindly and said.

"I bless this fight."

So what do we think?

How do we feel? Should I go for a super detailed fight or should we just go through it?

Please comment and keep on recommending this book to others🫶🏽