TCG: Chapter 32

Third Person

"What just happened?" Evander whispered as he stared at the broken window where Orion stood. "Where's Amanah?"

Looking at Ylil, she had an unreadable expression as she held Auri in her arms, and Miall stared out the broken window blankly.

Evander ran downstairs.

Reaching where she had fallen, his steps slowed as he looked around the courtyard.

"What the?" He panicked as he looked for her. "Where is she?" He looked up at the third floor, wondering if he had been deceived.

"Hmm?" Ylil groaned as she looked at the spot where Amanah's lifeless body was supposed to be.

"Where is she?" She gritted as she stared at Evander.

"I should be asking you! I knew you were a sketchy bitch the moment you showed up," Evander roared, pointing his finger at Ylil. "And you!"

He turned to face Miall.

Evander felt rage coursing through his veins; his heart broke for Amanah. He knew what it was like to be killed by someone you loved.

"How could you do that to her?" He asked as he approached him. His voice broke as he screamed at him, but Miall had no reaction.

"I asked you a question, you stupid prick!" He grabbed Miall by his shirt and pulled him. "Fucking answer me when I talk to you!"

He screamed in his face; Evander couldn't believe it when a tear dropped from his eyes.

Was he crying for Amanah, or did the similar situation bring up his unresolved grudge for his father?

"All she did was talk about you," he whispered, and Miall only stared at Evander, with whom he had no fight.

"He won't hear you. He's been reborn," Ylil said as she turned around and returned to the house.

"You're a fucked up lady, aren't you?" Evander whispered as he watched Ylil's retreating form.

"What gives you the right to be a goddess if you're so evil?" Evander asked as he pushed Miall away.

Miall stared at the spot where Amanah had fallen. He could still hear her scream. Clutching his chest, Evander scoffed when he watched him fall to his knees.

"Something is wrong with us," Orion grunted as their head ached horribly.

"What gives me the right!?" Ylil turned around and stared at Evander. "You don't know anything about evil."

"I don't? Let's see, you come to a mourning wife and bring back her deceased husband while pretending to be so nice."

"You're the one that killed him!" She interjected, and Evander waved his hand.

"After that, you fool them into thinking everything is well. While all along you just wanted to kill her? Let's not forget what you did to them," Evander pointed to Miall, who had difficulty breathing.

His tears hit the ground as he grunted in pain. He felt short of breath, and the earth was spinning. What Ylil had reset in them returned as a wave crashing over them.

Their memories appeared to them as jumbled-up shots that were stored in a box that was never supposed to happen.

"You don't get to lecture me as if you're so innocent," Ylil muttered as she clenched her fist.

"You're right. I'm the worst there is, scum of scum. However, I know the eyes of greed and hostility. You had them when you smiled at her and even have the guts to hold her daughter. You're pretty terrible, lady," Evander laughed as he shook his head.