TCG: Chapter 5

Amanah

I groaned as I pulled the bed sheet over my head. Why is there so much light in this room?

My throat felt sore. I had a raging headache; it had been so long since I got incredibly drunk. I must've had an amazing night. Chuckling, I threw the blanket off my body and slowly got up.

"Good to see you're finally up," my head slowly turned to look at Miall, and I was shocked.

When did he get here?

"Oh, I'm still tired," I whispered generically as I pulled the blankets over my body and faced the other side.

Did I call him by mistake? Most things were a bit hazy, but I didn't remember calling Miall.

How much does he know? Will he scold me?

What if he knew I drank a whole jar of alcohol? Oh no, he'll think I'm a functional alcoholic, and I'm neither!

A core memory made its way to me, and I once again threw off the blanket and stared at Miall.

"You shouted at me last night," I pointed a finger at him. My headache decided to humble me, and I winced, touching my left eye.

"Here you go," he handed me a shake, and I gagged before downing it. "Slow down; that's how you got drunk in the first place."

"Don't try to reprimand me now," I said hoarsely, and he smiled as he pressed his lips on my forehead.

"I filled the tub with water for you; go bath and join us downstairs," he said, picking me up and taking me to the bathroom.

"Thank you," I mumbled, embarrassed, as he took off my shirt for me.

"You're welcome," he whispered, leaving me in the bathroom. He even added my favourite scents to the water. My lips quivered as I sank down into the tub.

I'm so lucky to have someone like him.

After bathing, I got dressed in the outfit Miall had laid out for me on the bed. It was a simple morning for me, and I was grateful

"Good morning," I greeted my children with a kiss on the forehead.

"Good morning, Mommy. We helped Dad make breakfast today," Kenji said as he passed me a cup of tea.

"Thank you, baby," I whispered as I sipped the tea that made my soul happy. "You guys don't normally help us make breakfast. Is there something you want?" I asked suspiciously.

"No, we just thought it would be nice to make breakfast for our beautiful mother," Kye said as he led me to my seat at the table.

"Yeah, our pretty princess deserves it," Maniah said as she set up the table.

This is getting weird. Am I dreaming?

"Rion? Tell me the truth, do you guys need something? Are you in trouble with Dad?" I asked worriedly as I held her arm. She giggled and gently pulled away her arm.

"Nothing. You deserve to be treated like the beautiful young queen you are. Don't deny us this opportunity," she said as she joined her brothers and father in the kitchen.

Why were they all emphasising my age and looks?

"Hmm, what's the date today?" I asked. Did I perhaps forget something important? "It's not our anniversary, the children's birthday, or ours. Is there a game today, perhaps?"

"Baby, just breathe and enjoy this, okay?" Miall said as he placed the food before me and kissed my cheek.

"Am I dying?" I whimpered, and they laughed, and Miall lifted me from my chair and hugged me tightly.