TCG: Chapter 37

I wiped the counter thoughtlessly as I stared ahead. On all the days this bar could be empty, it chose today?

Only a few regulars were here and none of them were exciting.

"You should plaster a smile on that face, Amanah," I stared at Frank with an annoyed look, and he laughed as he flipped the cocktail shaker in the air and caught it with his right hand behind his back, show off.

"What are you even doing here?"

"I came to help," I whined as I leaned against the counter and stared at Frank as he worked.

"You're scaring my customers away; look attractive," he scolded, and I widened my eyes.

"But I am attractive," I pulled my overalls and stared at him, disappointed. "Anyway, I had this dream, right," I started excitedly, and he put his hand up.

"Tell me all about it after you serve that customer over there. He only ever comes here whenever you visit," he said, and I raised my eyebrow.

"So you think it's safe for me to go serve a potential stalker?"

"Uh, yes. I have bills to pay, Miss Millionaire," he said as he pushed me away from behind the counter.

"Your dad's a multi-millionaire. I don't get why you're on my ass about it so badly," I groaned as I tied the apron around my waist and grabbed a notebook.

"That's because your ass can handle it. Now go, don't forget to mention the new menu," he chased me, and I scowled.

I'm only helping him, and it feels like I'm his employee.

"Hi, you've been sitting here for a while with one drink. Would you like something else?" I asked as I held up the menu.

Frankie now sold food at his bar; I never thought I'd see the day when he would feed his customers.

"Another negroni would be alright," the man said as he raised his glass. I didn't miss his deep voice, which sounded so gentle.

"Alright," I said as I turned and walked back to the counter. "He said he wants a negroni," I told Frank, and he looked at me expectantly.

When he noticed I hadn't moved from my position, he pointed to the spot beside him. "Amanah, he ordered from you, so go ahead," he pointed to the alcohol with his head, and I clicked my tongue.

Frankie looked at me with an amused smile and shuffled closer to me, "So, did he say anything about kidnapping you?"

"What?" I asked, confused, as I made the drink. "You said he's a potential stalker, so I'm asking if he mentioned anything about wanting to kidnap you," he asked, laughing, and I rolled my eyes.

"That's not funny. He has such a deep voice," I said as I placed his drink on the tray.

"Make sure you go straight home tonight. Alone," Frankie warned as he saw me grab a bottle of beer.

"Whatever, Dad," I rolled my eyes and delivered the drink to the guy and leaned down. "Can I join you?"

"Aren't you working?" He asked, and I took note of his dark hair that framed his face.

"I'm only helping my mate," I answered as I sat.

"Mate?" He croaked out, and I nodded.

"Hmm, Frankie. He is one of my oldest friends. Believe it or not, he's British, but with that scrawny look he has going on at the moment, you wouldn't even consider it," I said as I pointed to Frankie, who was talking to one of his regulars.