TCG: Chapter 7

"Baby, do you have everything packed?" Miall shouted, and I quickly closed my laptop and pulled on my sunhat.

Fuck.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I shouted as I shoved it into my bag. "Could we stop by the council first and get those forms?" I asked as I joined him in the living room.

"No," he said without giving it a thought. "And get that laptop out of your bag," he pointed to the beach bag I held firmly close to my side.

"What laptop?" I looked away.

"Amanah," he crossed his arms over his chest, and I groaned, taking out the device and putting it on the coffee table.

"Including all those files in there," he said, and I pouted. "Out, now."

Oh, come on!

"I really need to read about the introduction of the new laws, or else I'll be so unprepared when we come back," I begged, and he shook his head.

"It's our anniversary, and you should focus only on me." Oh? Is the seduction already starting?

"But Miall," I whined, and he took the bag from me and emptied it.

"Jesus, Amanah, you don't have anything vacation-like in here," he expressed as he removed everything from the bag.

"Don't use my saviour's name in vain," I muttered, feeling bummed out. "Then go pack me stuff that's vacation-like while I skim through these papers," I suggested as I knelt.

"Lucky for you, my dear wife, I already did in that suitcase behind you. All we have to do now is leave," he said, and I swear I almost broke out into tears.

Since when was Miall so organised?

"If it had been ten years ago, the roles would've been reversed," Nyleve said as she walked into the living room. "Michael would be so proud to see Amanah so tenacious with her work," she laughed as she sat down.

"Thank the goddess. I sent him to Earth to do extra research on the fundamentals of planets," Miall rolled his eyes. He still didn't like Michael for some reason.

"The fundamentals of planets is your dumb butt," I gritted...immature, I know, but I'm being denied my candy.

"Oh, you're welcome," Lunaria said with a wide smile.

"You better be staying behind," I said, staring at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll think about it," she said as she disappeared. I kissed my teeth, and while Miall was still distracted by Mom, I sneakily started reading the new laws.

Which was a far fetch because I ended up being carried by my arms away from the papers; Miall didn't even pretend to budge or even grunt when I tried to wiggle and kick my way out of his arms.

"Children, come see your mom off!" Miall called out for them, and they came rushing in with smiles.

"Why do you look so happy to see me go?" I asked curiously as I stopped wiggling in Miall's arms. My feet dangled in the air like a child, and Nyleve laughed as she saw me giving up.

"Because you're finally getting out of our hair," Maniah smirked as she crossed her arms over her chest. I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes.

"And you're finally taking a break from working so hard," Kye said as he leaned up to kiss my cheek.

"Aww, baby," I swooned as I kissed his forehead.

"Have fun, Mommy," Kenji said as he hugged us, and I kissed his head.