TCG: Chapter 25

I lied.

The weight wasn't off my fucking shoulders. It seemed as if I had more weight.

After Evander's defeat, he simply left as if he was never there to begin with. His minions left, the castle was now empty, and the new place we were building for the orphans was completed after his departure, and we didn't have to pay a single cent.

Great, but tell me why when Miall was back, the fucking Epsilon thought it was time for a great vacation because they deserved it.

That's not the cherry at all.

Ylil, the sun goddess, decided it would be best for her to stay a few more months to check on Miall's progress, just in case he suffered memory loss or something like that. 0

"Amanah, breathe," Anin said as she pulled me out of my thoughts. "Stop thinking of stuff that stresses you out, okay?"

"How can I not?" I whined as she measured my blood pressure. I could never get used to how tight this thing gets.

"Miall's not fully back at work; the summits are being held here now, and his ex-mate comes to every single meeting. Oh, and don't get me started by that very bright woman who is living at home with us?"

"You don't like Goddess Ylil?" Anin asked, confused, as she recorded her notes. "I think she's nice," she shrugged, and that's exactly the problem.

FUCK GODDESS YLIL!

"She is nice, but sometimes she's a bit too nice and not to me but my husband. Ask me where he is right now."

"Where is he?" Anin bit her lip to stop laughing at my annoyance.

"Goddess Ylil thought spending more time with him, healing his energies would help Orion heal faster. I asked him to come with me to the checkup and see how his child is doing, but he easily falls into the traps sat by that woman."

FUCK MIALL TOO!

"That does sound a bit like betrayal," she laughed as she wiped off the gel from my belly.

"The good news is you'll be giving birth soon. Your baby has fully faced down, so be prepared."

"So soon?" I questioned in a small voice as I pushed my dress down.

"I mean, you're kind of left with four to five weeks, so you did well again," she smiled as she removed her gloves and sat on the chair.

After a few minutes of silence, she looked up at me with a sad smile and said, "You still want Malakhi and me to take the baby after you give birth?"

"Yes," I whispered with a small smile. "I don't think Miall would be able to take care of it, nor will Nyleve."

"Why do you think something will happen to you?"

"It's just a feeling," I shrugged as I looked at my feet. Ugh, why was Anin bringing this up again? I don't feel like crying today.

Two months ago, when Miall had returned and the celebrations were over. The first week, I thought he hadn't noticed, but soon, I realised that he was just blatantly ignoring it. Ignoring my pregnancy.

He could stick around me, but whenever I would share the crazy moments I had felt throughout this pregnancy, I could see how uneasy he was about it, and he'd change the conversation to something else.

He was still clingy, but he never touched my pregnant belly. He was still affectionate, but his kisses never reached my belly. He spoke words of love and adoration but never for our baby, and that hurt me a lot.