TCG: Chapter 33

ℭ𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔄𝔤𝔬

"So, how was the exam!?" Ylil asked me as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder and exited the examination centre.

"Argh, don't even ask me about it! At this rate, I won't even make it to being a disciple," I groaned as I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"That bad, huh?" She whispered as she held me tighter.

"Seriously bad," I whispered, feeling the tears form.

"I probably will just be a normal human by next month," I gulped as I roughly wiped my tears.

"Aria," she said softly.

"Enough about me, how was the exam for you!?"

"Hmm, it was okay," she nodded and I knew she was saying it was okay so that I wouldn't have to feel alone.

"It was super easy, wasn't it?" I asked her, smiling, and she clenched her teeth.

"Yeah, sorry," she whispered, and I laughed, shaking my head.

"You don't have to be sorry that I was born a bit dumber than you," I joked, and she stopped walking, looking furious. She hated it when I would be negative or mean to myself.

"A bit challenged?" I tried, and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Okay, less prone to studying!"

"Yeah, less prone to studying sounds just about right," she said as she linked our arms together. "Next time, you'll study with me, just like I've always invited you to!"

"Ugh!" I whined as I stomped my feet. "But that's all you do!"

"And all you do is watch movies and fantasise about boys."

"What can I say? Movies from the future make it seem like such an exciting time!" I giggled, and she hummed knowingly.

"And the men from Earth are so hot!" I squealed, and she smiled, rolling her eyes. "Come on, you know it too!" I argued, and she smiled, shaking her head.

"It's illegal for you to watch movies from then or to know about anything from then, Aria." She scolded, and I stuck out my tongue.

"I know, I know! It's just that they're so irresistible and not afraid to take off their shirts," I whispered and grinned once I saw the colour make its way into her cheeks.

"Who's irresistible?" The voice said behind us, and I immediately froze.

What's he doing here?

"Hmm, Aria, are you watching those movies again?" He teased as he wrapped his arm over my shoulder. "Should I tell Seifer?"

"Don't tell Seifer anything, or I'll kill you!" I threatened as I dragged my thumb over my neck.

"Oh?" He laughed, throwing his head back. I swallowed hard as I felt my hands sweat from being this close to him. "That just makes me want to tell him more."

"Come on, Orion, stop teasing her already," Ylil laughed as we walked together.

"Why not? Have you seen how cute and scared she gets whenever we mention Seifer?" He said, and Ylil rolled her eyes.

"You know how Seifer is when it comes to her, so it's no wonder she always threatens to kill you," Ylil laughed, and I pouted.

I wish I could have the relationship she has with Orion.

All Orion did when he was around me was talk about Seifer, and we never got to joke around like they are right now.

"Oh, by the way. My mom was asking if you want to come around and eat dinner with us soon?"