Figuring it out

Crystal's POV

It's been about two weeks since I've seen or spoken to Devale. I hid from him because I was trying to convince myself that he was the reason why we couldn't be together. When in reality that wasn't the case. The real reason was because I was afraid. Being as though he just went through what he went through and got out of a marriage I didn't feel he was ready. After giving it a lot of thought I realized that it wasn't up to me to decide when he was ready. He was showing me all the signs that he was ready to commit to me but I guess I was just running.

I invited Devale over to my place to talk. He was coming over kinda late so I decided to prepare dinner for us. I wanted to look good for him so I put on this satin red dress. My hair was in locs so I wrapped those into a messy bun. I told Devale to be here at 8:30pm and it was 8:15pm so I hurried to get everything done.

Devale's POV

Crystal invited me over to her place so that we could talk. I was shocked to hear from her. Not being able to see or physically touch her was weighing on me. I couldn't be mad it took her this long to reach out to me. I had to put myself in her shoes. All of me was too much. I mean I had a lot of baggage that came with me. Hopefully tonight we'll get somewhere and be back on the right track. During our time apart I realized I did not only miss my soulmate but I missed my best friend. Our long talks man even if it was about absolutely nothing it was our dynamic.

I pulled up to her house and knocked. She opened the door looking all fine. When I seen her I just wanted to take her into my embrace but the conversation just led with a simple...

C:heyy
D:hey
C: come in

I entered her home

C: so how have you been
D: I've been okay. what about you?
C: I have been good. I made us dinner
D: I see it's smells amazing
C: you go sit at the table and I'll bring your plate to you
D: okay

She fixed our plates and we ate. Dinner was kind of awkward but we managed to get through.

D: that was good Crys thank you
C: you're welcome

The silence was awkward and the tension you could cut with a knife until I finally decided to say something.

D: I know you didn't just invite me over here to eat
C: no I wanted to talk to you
D: about?
C: well us. I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying. I'm ready to finally be honest with you.
D: okay
C: Devale I love you and I'm in love with you. I've felt this way for a long time since we first started messing with each other. But I was running. Seeing you go through your divorce and knowing what she did to you. It hurt me to see you hurting. When those pictures of us in the club came out it frightened me. I was fixated on what people thought and what they would say about us being together. Now I don't care what anyone has to say. I realized my love for you overpowered my fear. During those two weeks we were apart I was physically sick. It's like I couldn't withstand without you. So if you feel the same way I want you to be mine. (Now crying)
D: Crystal (pausing) you don't know how long I've waited for you to say that. Since you were honest with me can I be honest with you.
C: yes of course
D: I'm so happy you finally told me how you truly felt. When you stopped talking to me I figured I ran you away. I tried to reach out but I didn't get a response so I left you alone. But I understand that you needed time to process everything. Crystal everything I said before still stands. All I can do is think about you. When I wake up when I go to sleep you are constantly on my mind. You are my best friend and I love you too.

We were both now crying in each other's arms. Expressing our feelings was the beginning of us getting on the right track. She was completely honest as was I. Holding her in my arms for a few more minutes until she stopped crying she looked me in my eyes and placed her lips on mine. It felt good to finally feel her again. After a moment she broke the kiss.

C: so we doing this
D: we doing this
C: okay but two things
D: yes
C: can we take it slow and if it doesn't work out promise you'll still be my best friend
D: absolutely but it's gonna work out I promise
C: gimme your pinky
D: crystal that's childish
C: (starting pouting)
D: okay okay
C: also Im sorry
D: sorry for what
C: for making you think you weren't ready but in reality I wasn't ready for you to be ready
D: that's the past we looking to the future (kissing her)

We spent the rest of the night holding each other and the rest is history.

                                      The End

Authors Note 🥰
Thank y'all for sticking with me, reading, and sharing my book it is greatly appreciated.
Sequel or No sequel? 😏
Make sure y'all stay tuned for more books 🥰