chishiya shuntaro x reader

"Why are you so goddamn stupid?!" He breathed out, clearly panicking.

"Wow, you're crying." You chuckled lowly, slowly finding it difficult to stay awake.

"Shut up and save your strength, stupid." Chishiya licked his chapped and trembling lips. "Hold still, you're losing a lot of blood." He then took off his blood-stained hoodie as he pressed it on your bullet wound, the clothing absorbing the fresh red liquid from your body.

You hissed at the contact. "It's not... gonna work."

"Shut up."

"I'm gonna die—"

"Shut up!"

Chishiya lowered his head, shoulders shaking as he kept on putting pressure to prevent more blood loss. His breathing ragged, containing all the sobs inside that had been ripping him into pieces. He didn't want to lose you just because you saved his life. What's the purpose of him living if you would leave him?

"Chishiya." You caressed his cheek. "I'm really happy that I met you. Y-You were so different back then, always so cold... a-and distant. Thank you for trusting me. Thank you for everything. I'm proud of you."

"Please, hang in there for me, Y/N."

Your eyelids were becoming heavy, you felt your heart beat slowing down. You were terrified to close your eyes but you were getting tired. And as you took your final breath, Chishiya just gripped your body tighter. It all hurt so much he could barely even scream.

He was so lost right at that moment, until the fireworks erupted from the sky once again. Salty tears kept on falling from his eyes that reflected the colorful fireworks that indicated their arrival at the Borderlands back then.

"I love you." Then, he closed his eyes.

[ ♣ ♠ ♥ ♦ ]

You walked down the busy path of Shibuya, slinging your bag securely on your shoulder as you checked your phone for any notifications from the hospital. As you crossed the road, you heard voices of men who seemed to be enjoying themselves as they played around. You smiled before ignoring them, turning around as you bumped into a tall female with dreadlocks.

"Gosh, I'm sorry." You apologized.

"It's okay!" She flashed a smile before walking away.

"Sorry, Kuina!" You yelled at the girl after hitting her with a slipper.

"It's okay!"

Your brows creased when you suddenly felt a familiar voice at the back of your head followed by a vague flash of memory. You swallowed thickly before shaking your head. You must be getting tired, that's all.

Your feet continued walking, there sure are a lot of people in this city. You inhaled the air of Shibuya, the breeze swaying your hair gently.

"Hey, you dropped this."

"Hey, idiot, you dropped this."

You turned to look at the owner of the voice. Your heart raced incredibly fast. His eyes flashed the same curiosity as yours for a moment before he avoided your gaze. He had his hood on, but you could tell he was sort of having some inner crisis as he held out his hand that contained your handkerchief.

When you slowly held the handkerchief, his gaze met your eyes once again.

"Have I met you before?" He questioned, breathing heavily. The corner of his eyes glistering for some unknown reason.

"The mind forgets, but the heart doesn't."

"I... I don't know." You answered, somehow finding the situation absurd. You've only met him right this moment, yet your heart ached... for some unknown reason.

"Oh, nevermind." He avoided eye contact once again, letting go of your handkerchief as he walked away.

You watched his figure as you clutched the fabric in your hand. Why does your heart hurt a lot? Why did a single tear fell from your eye? What's the matter with you? You gripped your chest tightly before breathing heavily.

"Why is everything so weird?" You mumbled to yourself.

Then something strange came to view. A strange noise invaded your hearing. You watched as it fell down, you watched in horror once you realized what it truly was, but all was too late when everything faded into black.

It all happened so fast. Everything and everyone... how on Earth did that happen? Before you could even flutter your eyes open, you could vaguely make out the strange dream you dreamt about. You dreamt of getting shot... because you were trying to protect the person you love. And when you took your last breath in your dream, you inhaled your first one as you woke up.

You couldn't move properly, your body ached terribly. But you know you're inside a hospital, laying on a hospital bed... along with a guy.

"It's you again."

Furrowing your brows, you craned your neck to glance at him.

"Hi." You weakly smiled.

"You still look tired," He muttered. "Hang on in there."

"Please, hang in there for me, Y/N."

Your heart ached once again, eyes glistening with tears that threatened to fall.

"Hey, what's your name?"

"L/N Y/N."

The very moment you said your name, you saw how tears glided on the side of his eye.

"Y/N?" He mumbled. "Why does that sounded so familiar?"

"I'm really glad you're alive. I'm proud of you for still breathing." You chuckled, closing your eyes.

Now, it was his turn to look at you. Your features that seemed really familiar to him. Your voice that felt like he has heard it long ago. But where?

"Thank you for everything. I'm proud of you."

"I think it's only fair if you tell me your name."

Chuckling, he replied, "Chishiya Shuntaro."

[ . . . ]

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N!"

"Leave me alone."

"Never." You grinned, sticking by his side from that moment on. "Come on, it'd only be fair if you tell me your name!"

"Chishiya. Chishiya Shuntaro."

i miss chishiya :(