𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐘𝐒 || 𝐑.𝐋

summary: the friend group notices some certain marks on your neck during breakfast in the great hall.

it was a friday morning, and you had walked downstairs into the great hall, greeted by your group of friends.

"good morning." you say, smiling. you begin to pile an assortment of fruit and a waffle onto your plate.

"good mor- y/n, what is that on your neck?" lily points out, looking closer.

a red and purpled love bite covered part of your neck. you immeadiately think back to last night. you try pulling your hair in front of it, but to not avail.

"oh my god, is that a hickey?" lily asks, a shocked and excited smirk falling across her face.

"YEAH MOONY! GET SOME!" sirius yells, cupping his hands into a pretend megaphone.

your boyfriend remus, sat down next to you, cannot stop smiling.

"i have a meeting with slughorn later about my exams!" you say, but you can't help but find the situation funny and laugh yourself.

remus leans over and whispers, his warm breath hitting your ears. "i'm sorry love. you can get payback later if you'd like." you can hear the grin in his voice. "trust me, i will." you reply, leaving a kiss on his cheek before standing up.

"lily, marls, mind coming to help me cover this up?" you ask them desperately.

the two of them nod as they grab their bags off the floor and follow you back up to your dorm.

"tell us everything!" marlene says, sitting on your bed as lily dabs concealer against the mark on your neck.

"things just- escalated a bit more than normal." you couldn't get the sentence out without blushing.

"how escalated?" lily asks, smirking.

"not like that! i promise." you reply, throwing your hands up in self-defense.

"not long before it'll be you and potter, lils." you say to her, teasingly.

"james and i are never gonna happen, only in his dreams." she says. you and marlene share a glance, having a feeling she's not telling the two of you everything.

"how about you and sirius marls?" you asked the blondie perched upon your bed.

"i mean, it's clear we both have feelings, it's now just up to whoever makes the first move, yknow?"
she says, fiddling with her nails.

"you two would be great together." lily says to her. "look at remus and y/n over here, the two of them are perfect for each other." she says, smiling at you. "it's all done, look in the mirror."

you turn and find your neck completely covered, as if remus's lips had never touched your neck.

"thank you lily, honestly." you say, wrapping the red-head in a hug.

"anytime." she replies.

as the three of you walk out the dorm, marlene whispers into your ear, "we'll be doing this all over again by the end of term when lily and potter get together." the two of you laugh together, following lily back into the great hall.