𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 || 𝐒.𝐁

summary: a trip home with the marauders for an american thanksgiving together, with everyone sharing what they're grateful for.

every year, it was tradition to host thanksgiving together. the marauders weren't used to celebrating it, as you were the only american. they all fell in love with the idea though, gathering around for a potluck dinner together and sharing gratitude.

it became a thing that was hosted at your home every year, and everyone always looked forward to it when the holiday seasons were rolling around.

the house was filled with a bunch of grown teenagers, dancing and running around the kitchen, preparing food and messing around.

lily was standing over the stove, baking a recipe her mom used to make constantly. marlene was eating whipped cream out of the can that was meant for the pumpkin pie. alice was draped across the couch reading a muggle magazine she found on the coffee table, as you were scrambling around the kitchen making sure everything was going smoothly.

"this is good shit." marlene says, referring to the whip cream. she continued to fill her mouth with it, leaving little for the actual pie. james and sirius were on the couch, betting on floats in the macy's day parade.

"5 galleons that the kermit float's going to come crashing down." james says to siris, holding his hand out."you're on, prongs." your boyfriend says, shaking his best friends hand.

"you two are insane, yknow that?" you say laughing at the boys, walking by. sirius gave you his signature wink before returning back to his conversation with james. you just sarcastically rolled your eyes at him, smiling to yourself.

peter was napping until everything was done cooking in the guest bedroom, as he usually did until dinner time back at hogwarts.

remus and frank were sitting against a wall in the living room, engaging in random conversations. the entire house smelled of fresh baked treats and casseroles. the perfect smell, you thought.

lily had on two oven mitts and began to bring the different dishes over to the table, setting them out nicely. you began to help her by setting out the different silverware's and napkins.

soon enough, dinner was ready and everybody was gathering around. of course, james snuck back some butterbeer for the holidays from hogwarts, pouring everyone at the table a glass.

"cheers, to us." james holds his glass up in the air, the rest of the group following. "to us." everyone says in sync, turning and smiling to one another.

"time for everyone to share what you're thankful for!" a round of groans came from around the table.

"cmon, yknow it's not a marauders thanksgiving without it." lily says. you point your glass towards remus, "moons, you start."

"er- cmon y/n. you put me on the spot. i suppose i'm grateful that we're all finally graduating and starting our lives together outside of hogwarts."

a circle of agreed's and laughter float around the table.

"well, i for one, am grateful to my amazing boyfriend." you say, tilting your glass towards sirius. he gives you a sly smirk. "as well as all of you wonderful people, i love you all." you say happily.

the group of people you'd chose to befriend ag hogwarts on your first day aren't ones you'd change for the world.