Chapter 7

Pepper walked into Stark Industries with a fury like no other. She was going to strangle Tony. This was the day she was going to lose her job and maybe go to jail. She was almost to his office and she could barely contain herself. She was on a mission and several people said good morning to her but she couldn't speak or she was going to explode with anger onto whoever she talked to first. Finally she reached his office and burst in and Tony was talking to Bambi, one of the secretaries and he was giving her the sex look and she was leaning against the wall and smiling at him and batting her eyes.

"Did you call the banquet company and put in a complaint that Ethan was inappropriate with one of your employees?" she finally managed to get out.

"Excuse me," Tony said to Bambi and turned to Pepper.

"Can't you see I'm in the middle of a conversation? You're being rude" he asked.

"Hi I'm pretty sure there is work for you to be doing," Pepper said, glaring at her.

She hurried away suddenly.

"JARVIS make a date with her for tonight,"

"You got Ethan fired," Pepper said unable to contain her anger.

"He was inappropriate. That was a professional function with clients and he was all over you," Tony said defending his position.

"It was harmless. And he was a nice guy. He really needed that job," Pepper said.

"Now Bambi is a great employee. She should be promoted. Maybe make her your assistant?" he said.

"You know you have some nerve complaining about a man being inappropriate. Bambi is a potential sexual harassment lawsuit for you,"

"Only if she wasn't into me but she totally is. How was your date?" he said.

"It was very nice. We're going out again,"

"Seriously?" Tony asked.

"Yes seriously," Pepper said.

"What did you and Fabio talk about? Let me guess surfing? Shampoo? And what animals he can make as the penis puppeteer?" Tony said sarcastically.

"That's none of your business. And you lost the right to ask me any questions when you got him fired,"

"He was totally inappropriate with you," he said as he followed her into the hallway.

"He was not inappropriate. He found a cute and creative way to get my attention,"

"By doing lame tricks from a kids birthday party? That's what impresses you?" Tony asked as he tries to keep up with Pepper's pace.

"Why are you going so fast?"

"Tony I have a schedule to uphold but I had to make a special trip over here just to confront you so now I have to hurry to not be late,"

"I'm flattered. You risked ruining your perfect record and being late just to confront me,"

"Get over yourself Tony,"

"Ok look there's a small party tonight at Rhodey's. Why don't you bring him and I will call Fabio's boss and I will tell him I made a mistake and get him his job back,"

"That's a start. We'll see,"

Tony made the call he promised and he promised to give Ethan his job back. And then he went off to find his next prey Bambi. Tony was going to give Pepper something special to write about tonight. Since she wanted to write about him. He was going to give her a show.

Pepper got into Ethan's car and she smiled. She couldn't wait for the look on Tony's face when Ethan pulled up in his car. Tony would definitely be jealous of his car. It wasn't a hot rod but it was a 1971 ford thunderbird. Not that Tony couldn't afford one but he has no more room for anymore cars and he wasn't ready to sell any or do more construction on the house.