Chapter 17

Tony was in bed and totally sound asleep when Pepper opened the door. He looked so adorable it broke her heart to wake him. She sat on the end of the bed and leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. He stirred a little bit but didn't open his eyes. She leaned down again and kissed him and brushed his hair back with her hands.

"Mmmm Pepper," he muttered.

"It's time to wake up sleepy. I'm glad to see you getting some sleep though," she said.

He opened one eye and smiled. He closed them again.

"I was dreaming about you," he said and then his brain processed what Pepper was wearing and his eyes jolted open.

Her dress was showing more cleavage than he ever imagined.

"What are you wearing?" he said sitting up.

"You noticed," she said.

"Pepper, how could I not when your breasts are practically spilling out," he exaggerated.

Pepper laughed as he got out of bed in just his boxer briefs. She was tempted to push him back down and get on top of him.

"Why exactly are you wearing that to work?" he asked from the bathroom.

"I thought you'd like it. You've encouraged me for years to dress more like this at work," she said.

"That was before you and I were in a stablish relationship,"

"Don't be silly," she said as she picked out his suit for the day.

"I'll be downstairs. Hurry, don't want to be late," she said.

"Wait," he said as he grabbed her hand.

"You're not going to kiss me?"

"I will kiss you plenty after you brush your teeth," she said heading downstairs.

They got into the company car and Tony couldn't stop touching her anywhere he could get away with.

"Knock it off," she said in a teasing way.

Happy opened the door and she pulled away from him quickly.

"Good morning Pepper, wow you look great," Happy said.

Pepper smiled and thanked him.

"It's that damn dress," Tony muttered under his breath.

"We can tell Happy, you know?" he whispered to her.

"Fine you tell him," she said as she slid back next to him.

"Hogan, did you hear the good news?" Tony asked.

"No I didn't,"

"Pepper and I are in a stable-ish relationship but it's not official news yet so don't tell anyone,"

"Wow I could only imagine when the unresolved sexual tension got resolved," he teased.

"It didn't. Pepper is making me wait," Tony said and she glared at him.

"Just in case this relationship thing is just a phase for you I don't want things to get messy because I work for you. I thought we talked about this,"

"We did and it's fine. But you don't believe me that I'm serious about this, about you," he said as he poked her shoulder with his finger.

Pepper just stared at him. She didn't say anything but she wondered if she was being too hard on him.

They pulled up to Stark Industries and Pepper went inside. She had a lot to do and she was meeting her ex boyfriend Dylan tonight and she wasn't sure how Tony was going to take it.