Chapter 10

Pepper had a headache that started Saturday and it just wouldn't quit and now it was Monday morning and Happy pulled the car up in front of the mansion. Tony got into the company car and he had a look on his face.

"You could have warned me," Pepper said to him with disgust.

"Excuse me?" he asked, confused.

"That you were breaking things off with Gina for good,"

"Was she texting you all weekend? Sorry," he shrugged.

"Tony she showed up at my place while Ethan was over and she dropped her dress and was totally nude and she asked if there was anything wrong with her and to be honest," Pepper said.

"Wow she's wild about me isn't she," Tony said with a smirk.

"Are you even listening to me?" Pepper said.

"Yes I heard you and I also heard what you and Ethan were doing on my property," he said, calling her out.

"I've seen and heard you in that same position more than I cared to so I think one time is justified and last time I checked I'm a grown adult woman and I can do as i please,"

"Well I'm sorry. Gina doesn't serve me anymore. You want me to have Jarvis get you a new number and transfer your contacts?"

Tony wasn't too interested in any of his women lately. There was something missing.

"She's having a party Friday and invited me and Ethan. I want no part of it. I told her I'm working late,"

"Admit it, you just want to spend more time with me. I could order dinner again," he said, jumping on this opportunity.

"You can order dinner for sure but I will be working. This won't be like the last time,"

Tony nodded. He was going to have Pepper alone again and he needed to think creatively. Gina was out of the picture but Ethan was still a problem. But he had a feeling Ethan was going to crash and burn himself. He just didn't trust him.

Gina was texting incessantly.

I need to get my mind off of him. Can we go shopping or go for pedicures or drinks or coffee? Can we go anywhere and do anything?

Pepper typed furiously.

I have a lot of work today but ,sure, when I finish we can go somewhere.

She was stressed. She didn't know why Gina was so hellbent on befriending her and she didn't know what to say to her. Tony had his reasons and he was honest. They know what they are getting from him. She long ago gave up trying to figure Tony out. His mother absolutely adored him so she wasn't sure why he had issues with women. She couldn't understand why he didn't want a partner to share his accomplishments with. She was even more surprised that he didn't want an offspring to continue his family legacy. Tony was a complicated person and she felt fortunate that she was one of the few to get glimpses of who he really was inside.

Maybe that was the issue. Maybe women wouldn't understand him. Maybe that's why he stays away. Maybe he knows he can't get close to that many people and that's why he does this.

They pulled up and Pepper literally needed to bury herself in work. They were walking up and there was a new secretary and Pepper knew she'd be the next entry in the blog. She had shiny jet black hair and piercing green eyes. Her breasts were big but not too big like most of the women he beds. They looked real and she had a really nice shapely butt. Pepper sighed. She wasn't blessed with large breasts or a large butt.

What's it like to be God's favorite? she thought.

She texts Ethan to take her mind off this Gina situation. She knew he had a banquet job but hoped that he would answer anyway.