Chapter 12

Friday was here and Pepper was looking forward to a peaceful weekend even though the day was only half over. She didn't want to go to Gina's party even though Ethan was bugging her about it and he seemed to want to go so Pepper told him to go. She honestly didn't give a shit. But she promised Tony she'd have dinner and she wasn't sure why.

Why are we having dinner? It's not a date. Isn't it weird? He asked me to have dinner. Actually he offered to give me a reason to avoid Gina's party. He's a good friend like that but also for his own ego.

Since she wasn't going to Gina's party Ethan wanted to have lunch with her and he said he was going to pick her up at the Stark Mansion. She was writing a few last minute emails when the doorbell rang. JARVIS let him in and he wandered into the room where Pepper was working.

"I'm almost ready. I just need to finish up this email," she said as she was typing away. He came up behind her and started lacing her neck with kisses down to her collar bone. And he was rubbing her shoulder with his hand on the other side of her neck and his hand was going further down her blazer.

Tony was coming up the stairs when he saw him all over Pepper and he felt rage wash over him. She tilted her neck to accommodate his lips. She was totally into it.

"This isn't a porn set. I don't pay you to suck face," he said sarcastically.

Pepper sat up and pushed Ethan away. She was totally flustered and bright red.

"I was just going to lunch,"she said as she headed for the door with Ethan.

Tony was really mad. He didn't like seeing another man with his hands on Pepper. And he didn't like to see her liking it.

The rest of the hours in the day flew by and Pepper made sure she would finish her work day at the mansion. She found a seat on the couch to finish the last batch of work she had.

Tony entered the living room at 6 on the dot and he had on fresh jeans and a fresh t-shirt and his hair was still a little wet and the single strand of hair that fell on his forehead made her bite her lip.

"What would you like for dinner Miss Potts?" he said plopping down next to her on the couch.

He sat oddly close and he smelled so good. She wanted to tell him she liked it but it would just add to his ego.

"How about Italian?" she said.

"I can give you Italian," he said with a wink as he inches closer.

"That's enough of that," she said, poking him in his ribs and pushing him away a little.

"Hey, my mother almost named me Almonzo," he said.

This flirting with Tony felt different than their usual banter and she didn't hate it.

"I'll have the spinach ravioli," she said.

Tony ordered their food and resumed his place next to her.

"What else are you doing that you can't put the laptop down and enjoy dinner with me?" he asked as he tried to peek to look at her screen.

"And what are you doing without a lady tonight? It's Friday. You love weekend benders full of sex," she said as she caught him directly in the eyes.

He doubled down on his stare back and smiled.

"Well I'm pretty sure you're a lady. Just because we haven't slept together doesn't mean I haven't noticed and I'm keeping you busy to avoid a certain someone's party,"

Pepper's first thought was how hot he really was and she was in fact attracted to him. This was a new admission to herself. She found herself wanting to kiss him while straddling his lap and running her fingers through his hair. She stopped that thought immediately and then she blushed. Tony admitted that he noticed her. She never thought in a million years that he would ever entertain the thought of her based on the women he brings home.