Chapter 15

Things came to a head. He dumped Sparky. I got cheated on and then the two of us got stuck in an elevator and we got into an argument he confronted me about the blog. I didn't ask how he found out. I was just so scared for my job. I started crying and he smiled. At first I took it as smug but then when I was calling him a jerk he kissed me. That kiss could be felt across the universe. I lost all control of my body and we just kept kissing. We didn't come up for air until reality set in. This man was not boyfriend material but he could be. We had to stop to go over some things. If he and I were going to explore our feelings and attraction for one another he needs to quit the women, the drinking, the jealousy and convince my family that he's serious. So this is my last blog entry. Thank you all for reading and following me this whole time but I must say goodbye now.

Pepper hit save and uploaded her entry while she tried to make sense of what was happening between her and Tony. He was texting her nonstop and begging to come over to hang out with her. Pepper thought it was cute but she didn't trust him to not try and sleep with her and she didn't trust herself to not give in to him.

Later that day Tony showed up at Peppers place. He was freshly showered because she could see that his hair was still damp and he had a single strand of hair coming down on her forehead and it drove her wild. And even though their feelings were out in the open now she had to refrain from reaching for it. He had jeans that fit him so good that it made his butt look even better and he smelled like the familiar scent of Hugo Boss. Typical Tony.

"We're not having sex Tony," she said as she opened the door to let him in.

"Who said anything about sex? You're the one with the naughty mind,"Tony said.

"You don't need to. I know this look. The single strand of hair on the forehead, the Hugo boss so strong that it smells like you bathed in it, the jeans," she stated.

"My jeans? Pepper what are you talking about? I just grabbed a clean pair,"

"Nope those are your good jeans. You only wear them when you want something to happen," she said.

"Can I have a kiss?" he asked.

"A small one with no hands wandering," she said.

Tony held his hands up in surrender and she walked towards him. She leaned in for a little kiss and he granted it but it was so good she didn't break away.

Damn it. Why is Tony so good?

She forced herself off his lips and went to sit on the couch and invited him to sit next to her.

"What about you with all the perfume? Like that's not inviting me in? And the red lipstick? And your hair down and the cleavage? I think you want to have sex," he challenged.

He was absolutely right. She wanted to seduce him there and now but that would be ridiculous.

"Eventually I would like to," she said.

" Oh right, in 3 months. I've been done with the women since the new secretary. It's you. It's always been you," he said.

"Tony that was one week ago and it doesn't need to be 3 months I just need to see real change"

"Look Pepper I've always known I wanted this. I was just scared of you running off. I needed confirmation that you wanted it to. And in the elevator you were so damn cute when you were yelling at me that I couldn't take it anymore and I had to kiss you,"

"I believe that you want this but don't bullshit. You have not always wanted this. For years I didn't exist to you,"

"Not true. Your first day of work you gave me this look that could cut a man in half and I knew you were off limits. I had to force myself into the idea that you were a no go zone. I wouldn't even let myself entertain the thought. Except that one day when we had the meeting with the investors and I left. I didn't have diarrhea . I lost control thinking about you and I had to go jerk off," he confessed.

"You what?" she asked.

"Look it's really embarrassing ok but yeah I was so turned on by you that I had to rub one out,"

"And I actually felt bad for you and thought you were sick,"

"That was extremely embarrassing to me. To have to tell my hot assistant that I had diarrhea to avoid getting busted jerking off,"

Pepper smiled at him and got closer and he could feel his heart racing.

"Well if you promise to be a good boy maybe you won't have to do it yourself anymore," she teased.

Tony smiled at her and pulled her close to him.

"I thought we could watch Outlander and snuggle," Pepper suggested.

"Outlander? Pepper you're killing me,"

"If you gave it a chance you'd see how good it is," she said.

"Go ahead, put it on," he said.

Tony settled down on the couch and Pepper laid down with her back against his chest and he wrapped his arms around her. They laid there and to Pepper's surprise Tony was watching it and keeping his hands to himself. He would sometimes play with her hair and sometimes caress her back but he didn't try to get inappropriate with her.

Three hours later she opened her eyes and realized they had fallen asleep on the couch. She tried to get up and Tony opened his eyes.

"We fell asleep," Pepper said with a laugh.

"That's my que to leave but before I go I need to ask you something," he said as he took her hands.

"Sure what is it?"

"Now that we've decided to explore this thing between us I don't want to just come here and cuddle and try and make out with you. I mean I do but I don't want to be in the shadows. I would like to take you on a proper date if you're not too freaked out or embarrassed to be alone with me in public. And we don't have to be alone. I will meet your friends and family and whoever you want. As much as I want to snuggle and make out with you you deserve more and I want to give you more," he said.

Pepper felt her stomach flip flop. She was afraid of so Many things.

"Pepper what is it? You look like you're in pain,"

"I would love to go on a date with you in public but everyone knows how you are and they're not going to take it seriously and they're going to think that I-

"It's fine Pepper. We don't have to go out,"

"No, I want to. When?"

"I don't know. You know my schedule, pencil yourself in," he teased.

"Will do boss," she said as she followed him to the door.

"Goodnight Tony," she said as she pulled him close to her and she pressed her lips to his and they felt so good and so normal. It just felt right.